WrathOfHan

Birds of Prey | Feb 7 2020 | Warner Bros | Cathy Yan directing. Margot Robbie. Mary Elizabeth Winstead is Huntress, Jurnee Smollett-Bell is Black Canary. Ewan McGregor is Black Mask

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/margot-robbies-harley-quinn-movie-894486

Months ahead of the opening of Suicide Squad, Warner Bros. is already contemplating a spin-off for the DC Entertainment anti-heroine, Harley Quinn. 

Margot Robbie, who stars as the villainess inSuicide Squad, is attached to reprise the character and would also produce the untitled spin-off, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. 

But in an interesting twist, the project is not a Quinn solo movie. Rather, it would focus on several of DC’s female heroes and villains.

Details are being closely guarded but names such as Batgirl and Birds of Prey have surfaced, although in what capacity, it’s not clear. Warner Bros. isn’t commenting. 

There is also a scribe penning the script but those details, too, are being kept secret, although it is known that the writer is female.

DC has a very strong stable of heroines and villainesses and has been focusing on those characters with the rise of its female readership and fanbase. It recently introduced DC SuperHero Girls, a line of comics and products targeting the young female demographic. The characters getting the spotlight include Quinn, Batgirl, Batman villainess Poison Ivy, Katana (Quinn’s fellow member of the Suicide Squad) and Bumblebee, who can fly and shrink.

Sources say that Robbie was the impetus for the project, adding that when she got the part for the movie, she dove deep into the comics to learn as much as possible on the character. In the process, she fell for DC’s female characters. She brought on the writer to help develop the project and brought it Warners, which snapped it up.

[/qoute]

• Like 3

Almost guaranteed this will be a "Birds of Prey" movie with the Ivy-Harley friendship being front and center.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, grim22 said:

Almost guaranteed this will be a "Birds of Prey" movie with the Ivy-Harley friendship being front and center.

Don't forget Catwoman. Gotta complete the Sirens. The team can go on with Huntress though.

Gail Simone is tweeting about it.

Edited by Heat Vision

It's lovely to see women getting some attention in the male-oriented world of CBM. I barely know anything about this movie and I'm already very hyped for it.

• Like 2

Batgirl

Black Canary

Katana

Harley Quinn

Poison Ivy

Catwoman

That would be my preferred line up. Maybe throw a powerhouse in there.

As long as they explore Poison Ivy and Harley I'd be down with anyone else they put in it, really.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

Sounds interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's an interesting idea, and I imagine will be confirmed or dropped depending on Suicide Squad's intake.

I do wonder though what this means for the sequel to Suicide Squad, whether that might not feature a few of the current female characters, or might actually feature more in preparation for this movie.

WB again announcing a bunch of shit without waiting for the success of the first one 

My dream line-up would be Oracle, Harley, Vixen, Katana, and Batgirl (Cassandra Cain).

WB again announcing a bunch of shit without waiting for the success of the first one 

Every studio does this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.slashfilm.com/suicide-squad-spin-offs/

Oh look, more incoming.

“I’ve heard more than a few talks of giving some of the other Task Force X members their own spinoffs, and like the Harley Quinn one, these films would open the door for a ton of new DC characters to show up.

The Joker is a definite possibility for a spinoff, and Jared [Leto] seems up for it from what I’ve been told. They’re also really hot on Jai Courtney’s character Boomerang right now. Nothing’s set in stone yet, but you’re definitely going to be seeing a lot more of these guys in the years to come.”

This actually sounds awesome, at first I thought it would be some Harley Quinn cash grab. but birds of prey and Batgirl! I didn't think Wb had the balls to do her. she is awesome imo. 

A Captain Boomerang standalone movie? This is a joke, right?

• Like 1

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/margot-robbie-signs-first-look-928813

Margot Robbie is setting down roots at Warner Bros.

The Aussie actress is signing a first-look deal with the studio behind her summer Suicide Squadto develop and produce feature films through her LuckyChap Entertainment banner.

Producing and developing with Robbie will be her LuckyChap partners Tom Ackerley, Josey McNamara and Sophia Kerr.

Robbie and LuckyChap are in post-production on their first movie as producers, the upcoming neo noir thriller Terminal. LuckyChap also is developing and producing a Tonya Harding biopic, I, Tonya, where the actress will play the disgraced figure skater, and is developing an adaptation of Bad Monkeys, a novel by Matt Ruff, along with with Bluegrass Films’ Scott Stuber and Dylan Clark for Universal Pictures.

Warner Bros. has built a relationship with the actress, who has starred in Focus and The Legend of Tarzan for the studio before becoming one of the key factors as to why Suicide Squad grossed over $700 million worldwide.

The actress already has two projects set at Warners: a Suicide Squad spinoff for her character Harley Quinn (as well as other DC heroines) that she will executive produce and an adaptation of Dean N. Jensen's Queen of the Air to which she is attached to star.

• Like 1