WrathOfHan

Birds of Prey | Feb 7 2020 | Warner Bros | Cathy Yan directing. Margot Robbie. Mary Elizabeth Winstead is Huntress, Jurnee Smollett-Bell is Black Canary. Ewan McGregor is Black Mask

1 hour ago, The Stingray said:

I'm sorry boo boo but no one outside the geek community know who those characters are. I don't even know who they are. Hollywood is truly scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to these comic book movies. What's next, an "Alfred the butler" movie?

Not sure if you’re serious, but they don’t always need to adapt something that’s super popular. Sometimes even doing that results in mediocre returns. Who cares if these characters are or aren’t know n, it’s the studios, director, cast etc job to get people to see this. If the movie is good then it literally doesn’t matter.

• Like 4

I think they should've done a Birds of Prey vs Gotham City Sirens movie instead of using Black Mask, maybe they can do so for the sequel.

Birds of Prey (All bird/animal themed female heroes considering the name of the team):

Canary

Huntress

Bat Girl

Vixen

Hawkgirl

The Sirens (The Sirens makes more sense instead of being bounded to Gotham):

Quinn (Switches sides)

Catwoman

Poison Ivy

Killer Frost

Volcana?

Banshee

Cheetah

Livewire

etc...

Edited by DMan7

6 hours ago, The Stingray said:

Hollywood is truly scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to these comic book movies. What's next, an "Alfred the butler" movie?

No, an Alfred the butler TV show on Epix. :Gaga:

• Astonished 1

19 hours ago, Julian1410 said:

Altough the actresses are good, these aren’t splashy exciting picks for the cast. That the dceu cast these actresses just shows that No big star want to be in the dceu. I loved MEW in cloverfield btw

Should've cast Julia Roberts tbh

23 hours ago, dudalb said:

Watch the right wing geeks go crazy over the casting of BLack Canary with lots of shouting how "PC" is ruining movies.

Wouldn't say right wing. More like fans who are tired of the left wing and see through all the pandering. Using original, diverse characters is so much better than raceswapping, It's not even close.

Would have preferred a White woman for Canary because that's what she's been since her creation. But meh, not going to judge anything just yet. Playing the wait and see game. 

• Like 1
  • Not Cool 1

21 hours ago, The Stingray said:

Birds of Prey? Sounds like some bottom of the barrel stuff. It makes me pine for the old days when it was just Batman vs the Joker, and not this D-level bullshit.

What a foolish, arrogant thing to say. There's so much epicness in the DCU, that saying you only want Joker vs Batman is rather depressing...

6 hours ago, DMan7 said:

I think they should've done a Birds of Prey vs Gotham City Sirens movie instead of using Black Mask, maybe they can do so for the sequel.

Birds of Prey (All bird/animal themed female heroes considering the name of the team):

Canary

Huntress

Bat Girl

Vixen

Hawkgirl

The Sirens (The Sirens makes more sense instead of being bounded to Gotham):

Quinn (Switches sides)

Catwoman

Poison Ivy

Killer Frost

Volcana?

Banshee

Cheetah

Livewire

etc...

God,no.

DC has shown it has problems when they overload films with new charecters...particualrty ones with  many charecters only hard core comic book geeks know about. This would be asking for disaster.

I don't want to get a DC vs Marvel fight started, but I think that the MCU has shown they can pull something like this off, DC has not.

I guess Barbara Gordon?Oracle will be MIA for this movie, probably because they want to keep their options for a Batgirl movie open.

(Yes, I know that in the Comic Book DC universe, BarbarA Gordon has been replaced as Batgirl ,but  the Comic Geek Audience, Babs is Batgirl, and Warners is probably smart in deciding not to fight that).

And will Black Canary have the Canary Call?

12 minutes ago, dudalb said:

God,no.

DC has shown it has problems when they overload films with new charecters...particualrty ones with  many charecters only hard core comic book geeks know about. This would be asking for disaster.

I don't want to get a DC vs Marvel fight started, but I think that the MCU has shown they can pull something like this off, DC has not.

I'm bored so I'll bite. What film has the MCU introduced 13-14 superheroes and villains at the same time in like DMan7 is suggesting? I guess the first Guardians comes closest but that had a manageable central crew of just 5 and the villains were nothing to write home about, not even Nebula back then.

Heck remember when Renner bitched and moaned about Hawkeye getting the shaft in the original The Avengers? Coz 5 was a more manageable number than 6?

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Steele131 said:

Not sure if you’re serious, but they don’t always need to adapt something that’s super popular. Sometimes even doing that results in mediocre returns. Who cares if these characters are or aren’t know n, it’s the studios, director, cast etc job to get people to see this. If the movie is good then it literally doesn’t matter.

Iron Man pre-MCU movies was only known by comic book fans, GA's awareness to this character was low.

Edited by The Futurist

27 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Iron Man pre-MCU movies was only known by comic book fans, GA's awareness to this character was low.

True and pretty much by definition, that is true of every character first apparition in a mainstream movie. 

6 hours ago, dudalb said:

God,no.

I'm not saying all of them should be in the movie at the same time though, they should be spread out throughout the various sequels they are planning to make for this. They certainly have the number of female heroes and villains to pull a trilogy off easily. 

7 hours ago, Heat Vision said:

Barbara must at least cameo in this

Doubtful given they're developing a Batgirl movie.

Edited by TheMovieman
  • Thanks 1

I don't think they are going to give her the fishnets especially in this times we're in now, certain groups will kick up against portraying women as sex objects with that sexually provocative get up. I think it's the same reason they didn't have Scarlet Witch don her classic costume from the comics either. 

Related imageImage result for scarlet witch

• Sad 1