FilmBuff

Monday Numbers Captain America:Civil War 4.71 million.

6 minutes ago, ThiagoMaia said:

Just watched Zootopia. Liked it a lot! Suppose it is better in the original language, thought.

Also realized that the secret to Disney's success is having black panthers in the movies...

Really? You managed to find a theater still showing it in Brazil? And considering how often you liked my posts, I thought you were a Zootopia fan-nerd already. :P

Also, someone else from Brazil said that the translated dialogue was very pedantic. In my opinion, Zootopia in the original is a little subtle.

Everyday 100,000+ download the movie, a portion of them would have gone to see it for the first time others a second. It will fall bellow IM3 dailies by Thursday for good at $12m ahead, and it's lead will dwindle. 

When it loses its premium screens to alice and x-men there will be no need to go to the theater when there is no big experience.  It will crash. CA3 under IM3 total.

For the DC loons that still think it's fatigue, and trying to take solace in that fantasy, doesn't change the fact that BVS was POS.

Admissions took a hit after everyone got a vcr in 84, but they managed to rise again, peaking in 2003, when piracy started to kick in for movies. Admissions dropped by 10-20% since then. Millions have now downloaded this copy. It will have a 20% impact(admissions after OW)on the rest of the run. 450m looked to be a likely total based on the first 4 days. Many of you thought it to be higher.  It will end under $410m.

Edited by No Prisoners
  • Like 3

Really? You managed to find a theater still showing it in Brazil? And considering how often you liked my posts, I thought you were a Zootopia fan-nerd already. [emoji14]

Also, someone else from Brazil said that the translated dialogue was very pedantic. In my opinion, Zootopia in the original is a little subtle.

I have a sad story: my small town only has one theater, with just one screen, and 2 showtimes a day (six days a week) usually we have a more children directed movie at 7pm, and a more mature (or non-animated, actually) at 21h30. And for that reason, some movies take a long time to be shown, if they're shown at all! I had lost any hope that zootopia would be screened here, but to my surprised, it started last thursday, but it's leaving to be replaced by Jungle Book this thurday, so even though I am sick, I got out of my house to watch it tonight.

Sad, I know, but it used to be worse... Before it got reformed last summer we used to have to wait a month and a half for every movie, now at least we get the big movies on the right date.

My only major problem with the dubbing was that Nick's actor seemed to not really be using his voice, like he was whispering all the time, and that took emotion out of his lines. Wouldn't be able to tell about the dialogue...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

Everyday 100,000+ download the movie, a portion of them would have gone to see it for the first time others a second. It will fall bellow IM3 dailies by Thursday for good at $12m ahead, and it's lead will dwindle. 

When it loses its premium screens to alice and x-men there will be no need to go to the theater when there is no big experience.  It will crash. CA3 under IM3 total.

For the DC loons that still think it's fatigue, and trying to take solace in that fantasy, doesn't change the fact that BVS was POS.

Admissions took a hit after everyone got a vcr in 84, but they managed to rise again, peaking in 2003, when piracy started to kick in for movies. Admissions dropped by 10-20% since then. Millions have now downloaded this copy. It will have a 20% impact(admissions after OW)on the rest of the run. 450m looked to be a likely total based on the first 4 days. Many of you thought it to be higher.  It will end under $410m.

lol what. it's holding almost identically to IM3 so far and it's over $10m ahead so??????????????? you're assuming IM3 never lost any of its screens when it clearly did to STID.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, No Prisoners said:

Trolling? Otherwise wtf dude, lol. 

Eh, I'm kinda over tracking CA:CW. It's BO has been fine, without blowing anyone's doors off. It will accomplish the main goals I set for it: 

Clobber BvS, DOM and WW

Break 1 billion, quieting the Superhero Fatigue crowd

Most importantly, it entertained the bejeesus out of me

• Like 3

Just now, John Doe said:

Guys last week a fantastic cam version appeared online, it was legit...that could bet hurting it a bit.

Lol, that's all we've been talking about for the past week.

Also, from what I've heard, it wasn't a mere cam, but an actual leak.

23 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

So, are you willing to put your money where your mouth is? How much would you bet me if I said it would make more than $425M?

tbh, I think NP is wrong about piracy, but below 425 is still possible and has nothing to do with piracy. It's 11m ahead of IM3. To get to 425m it needs to be 16m ahead. imo lead will increase to 12-12.5m by end of this weekend but come down to 10.5-11m after memorial day weekend (IM3 lost it's premium screens one weekend before Memorial Day while CW will loose then on MD weekend). After that I don't see it pulling ahead by a further 4-5m (though it certainly could happen; 420-430).

But considering he is claiming it will fall below IM3 due to piracy, O/U 410 would be an equally just bet. Just my 2 cents :)

Edited by a2knet

4 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

How about 1 year premium account.  $120

Okay, time for me to eat crow: I didn't honestly expect you to respond. That's very tempting, but I'm not sure I want to take the chance on losing (money's tight).

• Like 1