WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 75): X-MEN 103.3M OS OW | Angry Birds 38.15M | Captain America 32.9M (Ahoy Matey!!) | Neighbors 21.7M | The Nice Guys 11.2M | Jungle Book 10.9M

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Previews are down 33% from the first. The RT audience score is at 57% right now so this could indicate some weak legs.

Just depends. Audience scores are usually a 50/50 lets wait for the crumbling results later today. This should be quite interesting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yeah, this seems like a Home vs Get Hard deal, w/Home debuting at over 50M and Get Hard at 30M+. I think this will be smaller than that (Angry Birds 40M+ vs Neighbors ~30M), but still similar.

I'd be very pleased with that :) Angry birds looks super fun, and I'm probably seeing Neighbors in Vancouver today.

(holy crap I go to Vancouver a lot don't I :lol: )

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This is probably gonna end up seeing a similar drop-off to Magic Mike XXL, another fairly well-reviewed but still mostly unnecessary comedy sequel that saw a significant drop-off.

That's probably a likely possibility. Plus Seth Rogen's short box office comedy stamina is dying off, after This Is The End/Neighbors The Interview made $6 million domestic and then The Night Before only made $43 million domestic. Rogen has a box office trend like with Knocked Up, Superbad, and Pineapple Express. But then two months after Pineapple Express made nearly $90 million domestic, Zac & Miri only made $32 million domestic(mostly because of release date, and controversies about the title). Then Observe & Report only made just below $25 million, and Funny People flopped with $51 million domestic. So this could be a cycle, but if Sony gets their heads out of their asses with marketing then Sausage Party could possible be a decent hit.            Also I forgot to mention Zac Efron his box office momentum  has kinda died down after Neighbors too, We Are Your Friends tanked back in August with $3 million domestic, and then Dirty Grandpa was a hit($35 million domestic and $94 million worldwide on a $11.1 million production budget). But Neighbors 2 is a 50/50. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Maxmoser3 said:

That's probably a likely possibility. Plus Seth Rogen's short box office comedy stamina is dying off, after This Is The End/Neighbors The Interview made $6 million domestic and then The Night Before only made $43 million domestic. Rogen has a box office trend like with Knocked Up, Superbad, and Pineapple Express. But then two months after Pineapple Express made nearly $90 million domestic, Zac & Miri only made $32 million domestic(mostly because of release date, and controversies about the title). Then Observe & Report only made just below $25 million, and Funny People flopped with $51 million domestic. So this could be a cycle, but if Sony gets their heads out of their asses with marketing then Sausage Party could possible be a decent hit.            Also I forgot to mention Zac Efron his box office momentum  has kinda died down after Neighbors too, We Are Your Friends tanked back in August with $3 million domestic, and then Dirty Grandpa was a hit($35 million domestic and $94 million worldwide on a $11.1 million production budget). But Neighbors 2 is a 50/50. 

The Interview doesn't really count though

• Like 1

Those numbers are right in line with expectations - actually for Birds its a tad higher than I had expected.

Neighbors is good for upper 20s unless it really shows up as front loaded - my 41m for birds is looking good.

• Like 1