baumer

Baumer's 50 most important films of all time (JFK 3, Earthlings 2.....FREE YOUR MIND! THE MATRIX NUMBER 1)

6 hours ago, The Futurist said:

97% of people who think The Matrix is a brilliant movie didn't realize the messsage of the movie completly flew over their heads.

If you mean that everyone is asleep, that wasn't hidden at all. Everyone was literally asleep.

33 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Please do your own then @Spaghetti....id love to see other peoples thoughts

I probably won't do a full list, since there's honestly a lot of overlap with that you have, but I may just give a list of films that I think are also worth noting. 

• Like 2

An interesting list.  A little safe at times, terrible #1 choice (You can honestly look someone in the eye and say that The Matrix is the most important film ever made)

I'm really surprised Shawshank or the Godfather didn't make it on there. Hell even Big Trouble in Little China, Groundhog Day, the Great Escape, Schindler's List, Vertigo.

Baumer did you ever teach at Seton Hall University?  Are you the same film professor that tried to convince me that Dude, Where's my Car is a significant piece of cinema?  (I'm not kidding about that last part, lol)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/11/2018 at 7:40 AM, Thegun said:

An interesting list.  A little safe at times, terrible #1 choice (You can honestly look someone in the eye and say that The Matrix is the most important film ever made)

I'm really surprised Shawshank or the Godfather didn't make it on there. Hell even Big Trouble in Little China, Groundhog Day, the Great Escape, Schindler's List, Vertigo.

Baumer did you ever teach at Seton Hall University?  Are you the same film professor that tried to convince me that Dude, Where's my Car is a significant piece of cinema?  (I'm not kidding about that last part, lol)

A little late responding to this but yes, I can honestly look someone dead in the eye and tell them that Matrix is the most important movie ever made, for the reasons I outlined.  Godfather could have certainly made the list, not sure why Shawshank is one of the most important movies ever made. 

Your professor sounds.....misguided.  :)