PanaMovie

Beauty and the Beast OS Thread - 759.4M OS - 1.263B WW! - 10th Highest grossing Movie of all-time

Domestic:  $319,032,604    45.3%
Foreign:  $384,600,000    54.7%

Worldwide:  $703,632,604  

Not including US-Monday!

325,9M

384,6M

710,5M

Domestic:  $326,094,074    45.9%
Foreign:  $384,600,000    54.1%

Worldwide:  $710,694,074  

The Top 5 markets are currently: China ($73.9M/$1.2M Mon); the UK ($50.9M/$1.3M Mon); Brazil ($24.6M/$800K Mon); Mexico ($23.8M/$400K Mon); and Korea ($23.7M/$600K Mon).

- Deadline

So UK was now the biggest Monday in front of China!

20 hours ago, PanaMovie said:

This movie seriously needs to be updated every day :D

;)

Edited by Aristis
  • Like 1

With Wednesday’s numbers factored in, China still leads at $76.2M ($1.1M Wed), followed by the UK ($54.3M cume/$1.9M Wed), Brazil ($26.3M/$900K), Korea ($24.8M/$600K) and Mexico ($24.7M/$500K). Notably, Spain and Australia had big Wednesdays with $800K each, lifting their cumes to $14.8M and $14.1M, respectively. Australia opened just this past frame.

The UK hold is really impressive.

• Like 4

Other totals up to Wednesday:  Germany  $18.7m; Italy $17.1m; Spain $14.8m, Australia $14.1m, Russia $12.8m, Philippines $11.5m, France $9.7m, Indonesia $8.2m, and Hong Kong $6.9m.

Screendaily forecasts a $900M+ WW total by Sunday.

http://www.screendaily.com/box-office/beauty-and-the-beast-crosses-750m-worldwide/5116423.article

Edited by Purple Minion
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, Purple Minion said:

Other totals up to Wednesday:  Germany  $18.7m; Italy $17.1m; Spain $14.8m, Australia $14.1m, Russia $12.8m, Philippines $11.5m, France $9.7m, Indonesia $8.2m, and Hong Kong $6.9m.

Screendaily forecasts a $900M+ WW total by Sunday.

http://www.screendaily.com/box-office/beauty-and-the-beast-crosses-750m-worldwide/5116423.article

France disappoints me, it's good but not huge...Italy is impressive on the other hand given the state of thism arket.

5 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

France disappoints me, it's good but not huge...Italy is impressive on the other hand given the state of thism arket.

Looking at numbers that animated film did there I am not so surprised. I do not why, but even taking place there, France do not seem to like too much the story.

2 hours ago, peludo said:

Looking at numbers that animated film did there I am not so surprised. I do not why, but even taking place there, France do not seem to like too much the story.

It might be because they just had another Beauty & The Beast in 2014 that made around $16m there

beauty-and-the-beast-la-belle-et-la-bte.

• Like 1

On 27/03/2017 at 3:51 AM, PanaMovie said:

The UK produced the highlight of the second weekends after Beauty And The Beast added $14.7m in the third biggest second session behind Skyfall and Spectre to reach $48.8m.

China remains the top market on $73.4m. Mexico has generated $23.8m, Brazil $23.6m, South Korea $23.2m, Germany $17.6m, Italy $15.5m, Spain $13.4m, Russia $11.4m, the Philippines $10.7m, and Indonesia $7m.

The film grossed $8.1m on 617 global Imax screens to 

Source: Screen Daily

645M+ current markets 

50M+ Japan

695M OS + 525M DOM = 1220M WW

:winomg:

When is live-action FROZEN going to be greenlit? Shooting in Iceland?

Snow White live-action? Peter Pan? Bambi? Dumbo? Aristocats? Lady & the Tramp?

Disney could be doing this till 2030!!!

Edited by zackzack

I was thinking it should close in on 1.2b fairly easily but looking again there's a chance it tops out around 1.15 billion. Overseas I think will come in at about 470m on Sunday. Last weekend had a few openings to soften the drop, this weekend looks like a couple of much smaller ones which won't have a noticeable effect.

19 hours ago, peludo said:

They don't like it?
It's the 3rd best opening of the year and the holidays are just about to start. 
What is wrong with this?

20 hours ago, peludo said:

I must admit it's not the most talked Disney animated movie here, The Lion King is far more popular.

17 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

It might be because they just had another Beauty & The Beast in 2014 that made around $16m there

beauty-and-the-beast-la-belle-et-la-bte.

Well, it's true, but despite being French it wasn't a real success that year, it did fine enough but not enough to be profitable.

The movie in itself was relatively good, I liked it, but in comparison with the current BATB this French version is pretty bland.