PanaMovie

Beauty and the Beast OS Thread - 759.4M OS - 1.263B WW! - 10th Highest grossing Movie of all-time

22 hours ago, efialtes76 said:

Maybe years ago...

In 2016 only 5 movies did more than 4m admissons(Vaiana was number 1 with 5.5m).

Ok, maybe blockbusters are now lower than in previous years, but I think that factor should not be an excuse to not say this is a just good, decent, and not an impressive performance. Just a data: if this finally makes 4m admissions, that means it would rank #418 in all time adjusted list of France...

42 minutes ago, peludo said:

IMO, it depends on how crazy Japan turns about it. But I think it already needs over $150m from Japan to reach 1.3b. Probably more. Really hard.

BaTB has been holding really well OS and it's coming off a $66M 3rd weekend with holidays coming. I think holdovers can reach $650M+ (480+66x3=678), maybe even $700M

BaTB's gonna need less than $150M from Japan.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, peludo said:

Ok, maybe blockbusters are now lower than in previous years, but I think that factor should not be an excuse to not say this is a just good, decent, and not an impressive performance. Just a data: if this finally makes 4m admissions, that means it would rank #418 in all time adjusted list of France...

Isn't an excuse but the reality.

Germany is in the same situation too(Rogue One was number one in 2016 with 3.95m admissions...)

Edited by efialtes76

Saw some Japanese reviews on twitter, they all praised the dubbing on the movie is fantastic, for family movies dubbed version account for 90%+.

And the buzz is really huge, I think it could beat Alice 1 to be the biggeat live-action Disney movie there.

Alice made 11.8B yen, the ER is very favorable, which translated to 142M USD, would be around $100M atm.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Olive said:

Saw some Japanese reviews on twitter, they all praised the dubbing on the movie is fantastic, for family movies dubbed version account for 90%+.

And the buzz is really huge, I think it could beat Alice 1 to be the biggeat live-action Disney movie there.

Alice made 11.8B yen, the ER is very favorable, which translated to 142M USD, would be around $100M atm.

giphy.gif

After 19 days in UK release, Mrs Potts and the rest of the castle dwellers have pushed box office there to £53.6M in local currency, making BATB the biggest Disney live action title ever in the market. Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest (£52.52M) was the previous record holder — maintaining its position since 2006.

Domestically, Tuesday was worth $4.6M for 10% of the third frame (and up from $3.1M on Monday). BATB has surpassed Frozen in North America to become the 25th highest-grossing movie ever.

The Top 10 overseas markets are as follows: China ($83.3M), the UK ($66.8M), Brazil ($32.3M), Korea ($30.7M) and Mexico ($27.2M).

http://deadline.com/2017/04/beauty-and-the-beast-crosses-900-million-worldwide-box-office-400-million-domestic-1202062137/

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I'm surprised it made 83M from China. I thought it would do under 50M. 

Cinderella made $71.5M from China. I think BATB is doing as well as it can in China seeing as the musical format isn't really appreciated (opposite of Japan). 

2 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

Cinderella made $71.5M from China. I think BATB is doing as well as it can in China seeing as the musical format isn't really appreciated (opposite of Japan). 

Yeah, impressive for a musical in the market that isn't crazy about the genre.

In Brazil it's really huge, doing much more than anticipated, likely to enter the top 10 all-time this weekend. Given the horrible ER in Brazil having a movie reaching $32m is a prowess at that point, $35m is certain. And having it bigger in Brazil than in France and Germany is no mean feat.

• Like 1

The China number(and to the same extend the UK and Brazil) number is indeed mindblowing...and that is putting it midly.BaTB had a lot going against it like competiton(kong),being a musical(which Chineese audiences despise),not having huge actions set pieces(which Chineese audiences love) etc. As BaTB is not a big comodity there i do believe that Watson's popularity helped it there.

2 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

In Brazil it's really huge, doing much more than anticipated, likely to enter the top 10 all-time this weekend. Given the horrible ER in Brazil having a movie reaching $32m is a prowess at that point, $35m is certain. And having it bigger in Brazil than in France and Germany is no mean feat.

Yeah Brazil is very impressive.Where do you think it will end up?Does it have a claime to the highest grossing movie of the year title there?Will F8 stop it?

5 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Yeah Brazil is very impressive.Where do you think it will end up?Does it have a claime to the highest grossing movie of the year title there?Will F8 stop it?

I see it reaching $37-38m, maybe more. As for being the highest-grossing movie of the year that doesn't seem likely....I don't know about Furious 8 that's possible, let's see if the absence of Pauml Walker will impact it! The largest threat to BATB imo is Justice League, Batman vs Superman is the 3rd highest-grossing movie ever in Brazil after all and I think the ER could improve significantly in its favor by November.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, arpiaaaa said:

I think 20m € are very possible in Spain (22$)

It's something uncommon here with our cinema crisis...

I think it is locked. After the 2nd weekend drop I thought it would fly over €25m, but even with the hard 3rd wknd drop it still should reach €21-22m, mainly more considering Holy Week is coming.

But you are right, €20m is not an easy barrier. BatB will be the 41st film reaching that number in Spain (The Two Towers ranks #41 in USA, for reference).

8 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

I see it reaching $37-38m, maybe more. As for being the highest-grossing movie of the year that doesn't seem likely....I don't know about Furious 8 that's possible, let's see if the absence of Pauml Walker will impact it! The largest threat to BATB imo is Justice League, Batman vs Superman is the 3rd highest-grossing movie ever in Brazil after all and I think the ER could improve significantly in its favor by November.

How is the buzz for TLJ? Can it improve from TFA or was the WOM lousy like it was in China?