PanaMovie

Beauty and the Beast OS Thread - 759.4M OS - 1.263B WW! - 10th Highest grossing Movie of all-time

3 minutes ago, Giesi said:

How is the buzz for TLJ? Can it improve from TFA or was the WOM lousy like it was in China?

Not being Brazilian I can't tell you what they thought of TFA. TLJ will benefit from a much better ER so even it falls in local currency this fall will be limited in USD.

If TLJ is slightly lower than TFA in local currency then it will do much better in USD.

This movie is pretty unpredictable because of the ER.

• Like 1

Screendaily, up to Wed:

China is the lead market on $83.6m, followed by the UK on $68.3m, Brazil on $33m, South Korea on $31m, Mexico on $27.4m, and Germany on $23.1m.

Australia has generated $22.4m, Italy $20.1m, Spain $18.1m, France $14.5m, Russia $14.2m, the Philippines $12.8m, Indonesia $9m, and Argentina $8.6m

• Like 7

On 07/04/2017 at 10:07 AM, Purple Minion said:

Screendaily, up to Wed:

China is the lead market on $83.6m, followed by the UK on $68.3m, Brazil on $33m, South Korea on $31m, Mexico on $27.4m, and Germany on $23.1m.

Australia has generated $22.4m, Italy $20.1m, Spain $18.1m, France $14.5m, Russia $14.2m, the Philippines $12.8m, Indonesia $9m, and Argentina $8.6m

France has been disappointing. Russia grossed more than expected, the UK and Brazil have been really strong!

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Yeah, WTF France? It's their story, I don't get it. 

As a French I have no real explanation, maybe because of the sun being back.......People seemed enthusiastic about it on social networks. But I have the feeling this market's been pretty slow this year.

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Yeah, WTF France? It's their story, I don't get it. 

As we discussed here some days ago, the animated film did not get superb figures either. Correct numbers, but not incredible. For some reason France is not in love with this story. Nothing wrong about it. Just a bit surprising, from my point of view.

4 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I see :P

I just know that v-i-s-i-o-n becomes "British Supersmurf" :redcapes::sparta:

ha,ha, we can make a dictionary of Smurf-replaced words! 

@peludo That's a good point. It looks like they aren't loyal to that homegrown story like Brits are loyal to theirs (Potter, LOTR, Bond).

When is 1B happening? Next Sunday? Earlier?

Edited by Valonqar

22 minutes ago, MattW said:

It made 43.4m worldwide Monday through Thursday last week.  I think it'll take through Thursday this week to do another 23+, maybe not until sometime Friday.

This next week there are holidays in several European countries. Here in Spain, children do not go to school the whole week and both Thursday and Friday are holidays in nearly the whole country. You can expect better holds than usual.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, peludo said:

This next week there are holidays in several European countries. Here in Spain, children do not go to school the whole week and both Thursday and Friday are holidays in nearly the whole country. You can expect better holds than usual.

YES!