PanaMovie

Beauty and the Beast OS Thread - 759.4M OS - 1.263B WW! - 10th Highest grossing Movie of all-time

2 hours ago, Purple Minion said:

Hard to say from the teaser trailer, but it should do well in Latin America based on the performance of previous similar movies. Probably Cinderella rather than Maleficent figures.

I am on the other side. I think this can make enormous figures. Beauty and the Beast is one of the most beloved Disney classics. IMO, it can make Jungle Book figures. Of course, the film must be as good as Jungle Book to do it.

• Like 1

TJB has been a huge hit in the UK, on its way to £45m ($65m+), which is bigger than Alice.

I expect BatB to be make even more here, especially with Emma Watson in the lead. £50m ($70m+) potential, assuming ER's don't tumble.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, CalifoBoy said:

Could this movie hit the 1 billion dollar mark?! I mean the teaser looks so elegant, and Emma Watson staring as Belle was a genius idea! The full cast is truly magnificent. 

BANDB_TEASER_POSTER_AUSTRALIA.jpg

IMHO and unless the film is a shit, the billion seems probable.

Edited by peludo

56 minutes ago, CalifoBoy said:

Thanks! What do u think of the BaTB final gross, both in the USA and internationally?

I expect some very big numbers but I don't usually predict films so long before they open, it would just be guesswork anyway.

1 hour ago, CalifoBoy said:

Thanks! What do u think of the BaTB final gross, both in the USA and internationally?

I think that after Jungle Book result, if this film has a similar quality and with Watson appealing, it can make 400 DOM and 1.1-1.2 billion worldwide. Beauty and the Beast is one of the most beloved Disney classics. Sky is the limit for this.

• Like 1

I think this movie will have an huge success! 1B is totally likely. 
In Italy B&tB is probably the most beloved Disney Classic along with The Lion King, and 30 millions is totally possible. It could be more impressive than Alice in Wonderland. Plus, italians love Emma Watson and Disney Live Actions (although The Jungle Book was below expectations)! Disney fans + most beloved Disney Classics + Harry Potter fans = an huge success! 
I'm really looking forward to watch this movie :)

P.s. Disney Italia has yet started a massive publicity on social networks!

Edited by La Gazzetta Disney
  • Like 2