MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

kayumanggi

HALLOWEEN | 10.19.18 | 77.5 mill OW (2nd highest Oct OW and 2nd highest horror opening)

17 hours ago, TheManFromBeyond said:

Honestly, I would love it if Halloween became a huge hit and kickstarted a new era of slasher films, and could bring some series like Nightmare On Elm Street and Friday The 13th (if the rights issues are sorted out) back.

Heck, the original Halloween technically began the original slasher trend of the 70s-80s. History could repeat itself....

Same here.

I want Halloween to be the IT of slasher films so we can get a whole new era of hard R slasher films that aren't scared of the blood and the gore for the R-rated fans. Although, I guess SAW was also  a new era of slashers...

12 minutes ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

I'm interested in how this performs...the Blumhouse...genre of horror told the industry that they could make a huge profit on these cheap, unscary, bloodless, PG-13 mainstream style films.

A couple of "BOO!!" scares, a slamming door, and a smog machine 🤣...that was pretty much the end of Jason, Freddy, Chucky, the slashers. Hopefully this can spearhead a comeback.

I didn't even really think about those kinds of possibilities with this movie and now I'm rooting for it even more.

10 minutes ago, StevenG said:

Same here.

I want Halloween to be the IT of slasher films so we can get a whole new era of hard R slasher films that aren't scared of the blood and the gore for the R-rated fans. Although, I guess SAW was also  a new era of slashers...

I never saw Saw as a Slasher series.

Is this the boldest move in cinema history?

The literally named the DIRECT sequel to Halloween... Halloween.

My favorite slasher is Freddy Krueger and after that last movie im completely content with the 4 (1,3,4 and new nightmare) good ones we have with Robert Englund.

Edited by iHeartJames

The best Halloweens are better than the best Elm Streets, and the worst Halloweens are better than the worst Elm Streets.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

The best Halloweens are better than the best Elm Streets, and the worst Halloweens are better than the worst Elm Streets.

Plural? Halloween > All Nightmares, but Elm Street 1, 3 and New Nightmare >>> any Halloween sequel imo.

I genuinely love all these movies though*. I get a real kick out of watching all the Halloween/Nightmare/Friday the 13th films . They bring me back to when I was a kid, and even the worst ones have a lot of kitch/nostalgic value for me.

*Excludes Halloween: Resurrection.

Edited by ddddeeee
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

I... do not agree with this.

HALLOWEEN is certainly the best of the group, but move past that and I think ELM STREET's batting average is quite a bit higher.  A bad ELM STREET movie is THE DREAM MASTER or FREDDY'S DEAD - silly, breezy.  A bad HALLOWEEN movie is THE REVENGE OF MICHAEL MYERS or RESURRECTION -  soul-crushingly dull.

Edited by The Dark Shape

Halloween 5 is worth it for whatever the hell Donald Pleasance is doing - terrorising a little girl, calling her a bitch...Loomis is unhinged in that one. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Plural? Halloween > All Nightmares, but Elm Street 1, 3 and New Nightmare >>> any Halloween sequel imo.

As far as the sequels go: Halloween II > Halloween III > New Nightmare > Halloween 4 > Dream Warriors

Get your facts straight, dddeee.

I’ve never understood all the love for New Nightmare. Maybe I need to try watching it again 

So excited for tomorrow.

Michael is my favourite of the 3 big slashers. 

• Like 1

I'm still press that they ignoring H20. It's my favorite lol

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

So excited for tomorrow.

Michael is my favourite of the 3 big slashers. 

What about....?

250369e6.jpg

3 minutes ago, Dragon said:

lol for real.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Same (sequel anyway) 

• Thanks 1

Nightmare 2 is my favorite of the Freddy movies. I love that gay ass movie. I always wanted to bottom for Jesse. 

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

21 minutes ago, Chaz said:

Nightmare 2 is my favorite of the Freddy movies. I love that gay ass movie. I always wanted to bottom for Jesse. 

Ron for me Haha! But Nightmare 1 is my favorite 

Edited by Aplandg
  • Thanks 1