CaptainJackSparrow

The Little Mermaid | Disney | May 26, 2023 | Queen Halle will rule the summer!

53 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Sounds right. I hope they keep her natural hair, though. They keep it in Spiderman too. I don't want Mera effect where you see hair is dyed. Ariel doesn't have to be red in the movie.

people would riot. that's like cutting 'the circle of life' out of the lion king.

I assume this is going to be the Disney title set for October 8, 2021 since this is supposed to begin shooting in early 2020. That or the one set for Memorial Day 2022 (especially after that weekend worked out perfectly for Aladdin). Will likely get an official announcement at D23 in two months.

24 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I assume this is going to be the Disney title set for October 8, 2021 since this is supposed to begin shooting in early 2020. That or the one set for Memorial Day 2022 (especially after that weekend worked out perfectly for Aladdin). Will likely get an official announcement at D23 in two months.

I think Memorial Day is more likely than October. 

16 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Henry Cavill as Prince Eric

We can definitely cross him off the list and not just because he'll be in his late 30s by the time this is about to be released lol.

Zendaya is such an obvious fan favorite pick for Ariel that it's bound to not be her at this point. Expecting they'll get an unknown and perhaps also an unknown for Eric before filling up the rest of the cast with big/recognizable names for the other human/sea/CGI (Sebastian, Flounder, Scuttle, Flotsam & Jetsam) characters.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

nah, Zendaya is happening. there wouldn't be a rumor about her (but no rumor about other candidates) and she wouldn't act coy when asked about it. 

That said, Eric needs to be young and real pretty (sorry Holland but no). 

though real showstopper is going to be Ursula. I remember Gaga rumor. so whoever gets that part will own the movie. 

11 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

I had a dream once Chalamet was cast as Prince Eric, so I’m advocating for that.

Chalamet doesn't seem like the kind of guy to do a supporting role in something like this. Pretty sure he only said yes to Dune because of the director. Same reason I don't think he's gonna be Harry Osborne or whatever.

12 hours ago, Valonqar said:

nah, Zendaya is happening. there wouldn't be a rumor about her (but no rumor about other candidates) and she wouldn't act coy when asked about it. 

Now she could very well be telling a technical truth (after all it's a rumor until it's announced), so maybe she's just being coy.

Then again, maybe she's not being coy. YiBe40t.png

17 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Now she could very well be telling a technical truth (after all it's a rumor until it's announced), so maybe she's just being coy.

Then again, maybe she's not being coy. YiBe40t.png

It will create controversy if Zandaya gets the role and Honestly I don't even think she will accept if even offered she has alot of other things going and dosen't need the Ariel role to break-out or anything. She already has everything. 

As for the production team they will cast someone who fits the role and can sing

Edited by Geo1500
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Styles and the other guy look like reality show douchebags. The other chick looks like a ghost. awful candidates.

Those aren't reliable sources. When Variety or HR or Deadline report something, then sure.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Those aren't reliable sources. When Variety or HR or Deadline report something, then sure.

yeah, there's no way they are looking for the actress pushing 30 to play Ariel. someone made that up cause she's natural red (as if that's a requirement for any role, hello dye job and wigs!)