CaptainJackSparrow

The Little Mermaid | Disney | May 26, 2023 | Queen Halle will rule the summer!

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/689901-little-mermaid-movie#/slide/2

YES, I hope this happens! (Although I would prefer a dark adaptation from Universal, I doubt that's moving forward now)

(This is not the supposedly upcoming Universal adaptation, this is the potentially upcoming Disney adaptation) 

Edited by CaptainJackSparrow
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Please, please, have this magnificent man be voicing Sebastian

I'd approve.

And I have to say that the original was so good that I am scared of their trying to do it over. 

• Like 1

Aren't they making a movie with Chloe Moretz as well? Will Disney race to release this first lol

Disney will just steal Chloe Moretz from that other Mermaid movie like they did with Watson and Beauty and the Beast.

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 1:00 PM, ChipMunky said:

Great that they got Lin. I think this could still be very successful, depending on what Universal does with theirs.

I think the Universal version has stalled. As Mojoguy, I wouldn't be surprised if Disney picks up Moretz for this like they did with Watson after WB's version of Beauty & the Beast was called off.

• Like 1

http://deadline.com/2017/12/the-little-mermaid-rob-marshall-top-choice-disney-mary-poppins-returns-1202220650/

Disney has made Rob Marshall the top choice to direct The Little Mermaid, the live action adaptation of the animated classic musical that will have new songs by Hamilton‘s Lin-Manuel Miranda and Alan Menken, sources said. Miranda and Marc Platt are producing. I’ve heard that Marshall has been offered the movie, and will take until after the holidays to decide.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm not at all surprised given his working relationship with them.

Rob Marshall certainly has experience with musicals (Chicago, Into The Woods), so I think Marshall would be a fine choice overall.

I especially liked Into The Woods, even if it felt stagy in parts.