CaptainJackSparrow

The Little Mermaid | Disney | May 26, 2023 | Queen Halle will rule the summer!

1 hour ago, Morieris said:

I'll believe it when a reputable trade talks about it

The Hashtag Show was reliable with Episode IX casting calls and some other in the past. 

Zendaya makes sense cause she can sing. I really don't think that Ariel's red hair is a must and they better let her have her natural one if the effect's gonna be as fake as Meera's in Aquaman. 

Edited by Valonqar

On 10/10/2018 at 3:50 AM, meriodejaneiro said:

Disney should know that a movie with Lady Gaga in it will be difficult to release in China. Will they renounce to the 100-150M they could make there just to have Gaga in TLM?

Is China that bitter? Banning a $100m movie just for an actress playing a supporting role (a fucking villain) is bad business. 

17 hours ago, meriodejaneiro said:

Well, by now, A Star Is Born doesn't seem to be getting a release date in China ... and the only "issue" seems to be Gaga being in it...

I dont think ASIB would've made much money there either way, there are a lot of Oscar movies not released there, especially those mostly appealing to an American audience (like Hidden Figures).

A Disney $100m hopeful is far different.

20 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

So, with the success of Aquaman, who's willing to bet Disney is fast tracking this, and maybe even trying to get James Wan to direct?

They could also wait for JC's Avatar 2 and his new underwater-filming-technology to use it with TLM, now that Avatar is going under Disney's hands in the next months. 

Vogue dude: I heard through the grapevine you may be involved in an iconic remake. What can you tell me about it?

Zendaya: I'd tell ya, but I have to kill ya.

She's totally gonna be announced at D23 this August. I can smell it.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1