CaptainJackSparrow

The Little Mermaid | Disney | May 26, 2023 | Queen Halle will rule the summer!

On 4/17/2023 at 1:02 PM, cookie said:

The original is quite rushed in the latter half. The movie's nearly three-fifths of the way over by the time Ariel loses her voice and surfaces.

If there are parts I expect to get beefed up it's likely towards that latter half.

Yeah, this is the reason the movie doesn’t stand up to most of the Renaissance films in my book. It more or less falls apart after she loses her voice and the whole thing is just rushed. Climax drastically so. 

18 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yeah, this is the reason the movie doesn’t stand up to most of the Renaissance films in my book. It more or less falls apart after she loses her voice and the whole thing is just rushed. Climax drastically so. 

Umm The Lion King has worse pacing issues.

At least the rushed third act works for Mermaid as there's a ticking clock. 

I don't want to get too much hyped since idk how common this is for other live-actions but I've seen people on twitter  saying that the dolls and merch have been selling out quickly. Again don't know how other Disney movies did but that seems like a good sign of interest.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2023 at 7:20 PM, ThomasNicole said:

Gorgeous 

[lots of different posts with strong likes, seems like twitter is back on board with this movie after the bad reception of the second trailer ... maybe the colorful featurettes did some damage control afterall]

I think so Hailey Bieber looks even more stunning now with brighter colors. 

• Like 2

On 4/19/2023 at 5:57 AM, grey ghost said:

Hollywood needs to give up on Peter Pan fr.

2003 film is a GOAT tho.

However, it was destined to fail coming out just the next weekend after Return of the King and on the same day as Cheaper by the Dozen. Studio probably assumed it would be younger alt-programming to RotK and that the Peter Pan brand name would overshadow Dozen. They were very wrong.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Please let's not get tacky over people's looks. 

Any test screening/insider information on this film?

That was from months ago i don't know about anything new but overall seems like reception is going to be on the good side.

2 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

That sucks but at least girlie's staying unbothered

That whole interview is fantastic. You can tell her family raised her right and she understands the responsibility this role has for her.

https://www.vogue.co.uk/article/halle-bailey-british-vogue-interview

• Like 2

I doubt anyone's expecting anything amazing from this given that the quality of the live-action Disney remakes has ranged from "enjoyable but superfluous" at best to "mediocre and forgettable" at worst, so even if it would be nice if this were critically-acclaimed and made all the money (if only to shut up a loud and obnoxious minority), it really only needs to find itself on the positive side of reception to bring out audiences in droves.

• Like 1