CaptainJackSparrow

The Little Mermaid | Disney | May 26, 2023 | Queen Halle will rule the summer!

8 hours ago, joselowe said:

Just saw it at a sold out screening of at least 200 people, left detailed feedback in the audience reaction thread, but Im 90% sure WOM in the USA will be great for this.

It has zero chance getting great WoM in the US. One is for sad reasons, the second that the film is simply isn't great. Sure some people will love it, but some will just see it as another pointless Disney remake. That's the definition of a mixed WoM. It's gonna have a huge domestic OW, no doubt about that.

Edited by The Dark Alfred
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

It has zero chance getting great WoM in the US. One is for sad reasons, the second that the film is simply isn't great. Sure some people will love it, but some will just see it as another pointless Disney remake. That's the definition of a mixed WoM. It's gonna have a huge domestic OW, no doubt about that.

Many of the Live-action movies have had strong WOM while also being just that, another pointless Disney remake. Not saying this will have good WOM but it being just another pointless Disney remake don´t effect the GA. They eat that shit up

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Many of the Live-action movies have had strong WOM while also being just that, another pointless Disney remake. Not saying this will have good WOM but it being just another pointless Disney remake don´t effect the GA. They eat that shit up

Yeah. Many Disney remake have decent legs.

The issue of The Little Mermaid is her opening weekend not being so strong.

It seems to have a really good domestic start. However, the falls in the next weekends need to be really good, since the overseas box office seems to be poor.

Edited by Kon

Korea

All details about Korean Reviews inside this article

https://n.news.naver.com/article/009/0005129576?sid=101

"What does the black fish princess say?"... This company standing on the edge of a cliff due to the controversy over the destruction of the original work [Park Min-ki's World Bus]

“흑어공주가 웬말”…원작 파괴 논란으로 벼랑 끝에 선 이 기업 [박민기의 월드버스]

Outside North America & Indonesia - as per I have seen.

All ratings sites are pretty review bomb even they are not leaving smaller region like Macau (China SAR) either.

4 minutes ago, Youngstar said:

I have never even heard of this site, but it's also very clearly being review bombed as a few comments point out.

I came to know about it recently from Mark &ERC

• Like 1

I don't know how it is in other overseas markets, but here in Turkey it's being sent out to die, as it's getting a measly 4 showings per day on 3 out of 4 theaters in my province while one theater isn't showing the movie at all. It is worth noting that national runoff elections are happening this Sunday, so that might be affecting Disney's judgement here. Still, those overseas projections don't surprise me anymore.

26 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Korea

All details about Korean Reviews inside this article

https://n.news.naver.com/article/009/0005129576?sid=101

"What does the black fish princess say?"... This company standing on the edge of a cliff due to the controversy over the destruction of the original work [Park Min-ki's World Bus]

“흑어공주가 웬말”…원작 파괴 논란으로 벼랑 끝에 선 이 기업 [박민기의 월드버스]

WT actual F?????😵

3 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Sounds like we should completely disregard review sites from other countries as they don't seem to have anything in place to separate verified from general.

The KR ones are verified IIRC but other than that yeah, pretty worthless.

1 minute ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I don't know how it is in other overseas markets, but here in Turkey it's being sent out to die, as it's getting a measly 4 showings per day on 3 out of 4 theaters in my province while one theater isn't showing the movie at all. It is worth noting that national runoff elections are happening this Sunday, so that might be affecting Disney's judgement here. Still, those overseas projections don't surprise me anymore.

Well, problem is same in Indonesia where Chains are refusing more shows because of Fast X doing excellent numbers, even though TLM has near sell-outs shows ~