CJohn

MEH-MORIAL DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE | Abandon all hope, the box office is dead. 3 day weekend #s X-Men 65M, Alice 28.1M, Angry Birds 18.7M, Civil War 15.1M, Neighbors 9.1M. Bad openings, horrible holdovers.

2 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

So with the extremely low budget on this, this is considered a Mega Hit now and will be seeing MONEY MONSTER 2: EVEN MORE $$$$ Coming Soon??

40m dom on a 30m prod budget is good but haven't we had enough of unnecessary sequels flopping :sadben:

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Certainly more than 155M which I am pretty sure Apocalypse won't do. 

ok. imo DS over 155m is not a lock. will come down to quality.

if it's an above avg film, i could see 55m/150m.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

X-Force has Deadpool.

Wolverine 3 has lots of members of the old cast like Patrick Stewart, for example. 

I don't know, but won't the next Wolverine solo movie happen right after the Apocalypse's events?

If so, Stewart can't be in the movie. This is a new timeline.  They have to show Wolverine joining the X-Men, if it's indeed Jackman's last movie.  

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I don't know, but won't the next Wolverine solo movie happen right after the Apocalypse's events?

If so, Stewart can't be in the movie. This is a new timeline.  They have to show Wolverine joining the X-Men, if it's indeed Jackman's last movie.  

No, I think Wolverine 3 will be set after DoFP's ending. 

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

No, I think Wolverine 3 will be set after DoFP's ending. 

Then, what's the point of Apocalypse's post credit scene?

It was clearly setting up events for the next solo Wolverine movie. If it happens after DOFP future Wolverine's ending, it's gonna be a mess.

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

It was clearly setting up events for the next solo Wolverine movie. If it happens after DOFP future Wolverine's ending, it's gonna be a mess.

I don't think it actually matters tbh. At this point the time travel has completely confused the franchise continuity. Patrick Stewart confirmed that he was in the next Wolverine movie recently as well.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

from what I read the end credits scene

Spoiler

sets up Mr. Sinister who will be the villain the X-Men will face, not WOlverine

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Would it surprise anyone if Johnny Depp went into a deep reclusive phase for the rest of his life?

Piers Morgan wrote on the DailyMail that he end up like Marlon Brando.

i see it happening.

ok. imo DS over 155m is not a lock. will come down to quality.

if it's an above avg film, i could see 55m/150m.

As much as I would like it, it doesn't look as fun as GotG, and isn't on as good a spot for the legs as Ant-Man, specially with Fantastic Beasts coming 2 weeks later. I hope it can make 200+ tought. And do better than Suicide Squad

4 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

It was clearly setting up events for the next solo Wolverine movie.

It wasn't. I can't go into details because I'm not sure we're allowed to post spoilers, but it was more about presenting a new character rather than setting up a Wolverine film.

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I don't think it actually matters tbh. At this point the time travel has completely confused the franchise continuity. Patrick Stewart confirmed that he was in the next Wolverine movie recently as well.

actually it is not too hard. The entire timeline is different and the original movies never happened in this timeline. It is the same thing that happened with Star Trek

2 minutes ago, AJG said:

Piers Morgan wrote on the DailyMail that he end up like Marlon Brando.

i see it happening.

Make millions for 5 minutes screen time on a SH movie?

In this day and age....I see it happening.

Edited by No Prisoners