CJohn

MEH-MORIAL DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE | Abandon all hope, the box office is dead. 3 day weekend #s X-Men 65M, Alice 28.1M, Angry Birds 18.7M, Civil War 15.1M, Neighbors 9.1M. Bad openings, horrible holdovers.

By the time Avatar 2 shows up at theaters, 2000s nostalgia will have kicked in (ie. $$$ at BO) Well, it's already starting....

I miss 2000s...:(

Edited by mrqe93

35 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

While the opening weekend itself might end up being disappointing, Fox has nothing to worry about. They already had a huge profit with Deadpool. Apocalypse won't make less than 500 million worldwide, either. It's all good. 

I really loved Apocalypse and I had a hell of fun with the movie. Deadpool 2, Wolverine 3 will be made, no matter how disappointing are numbers for Apocalypse. People really need to calm down. :)

Some of us love McAvoy and Fassbender and were impressed with the newbies. Considering say a 75M 4-day and a 140M gross, Fox is not going to do another mainline X-Men movie with this crew, and some of us are disappointed about that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, department store basement said:

I'm surprised that we made it to 78 pages without anyone mentioning the fact that Rose Byrne has had 2 disappointments in 2 weeks.

She's hot, so it's all good

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mrqe93 said:

By the time Avatar 2 shows up at theaters, 2000s nostalgia will have kicked in (ie. $$$ at BO) Well, it's already starting....

I miss 2000s...:(

Sometimes I wonder if it's even possible to have nostalgia for that decade.

Also, Avatar was only barely released in the 00s, so I don't know if it counts.

Just now, department store basement said:

Being hot didn't stop people from piling on Gerard Butler for his 2 disappointments in a row.

She'll never have a year as great as 2011 again. Insidious, Bridesmaids, and First Class. I enjoyed her on Damages so it was nice to see her breakout. 

2 minutes ago, department store basement said:

Being hot didn't stop people from piling on Gerard Butler for his 2 disappointments in a row.

lol...bit of a difference.  One is the star, the other is a great addition to the cast but the not the selling point of the film.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

2000s was the best decade ever. Amazing movies with saturated colors. Good indie movies like 21 Grams. Good summer blockbuster movies like Dark Knight. MySpace. Emo. Fun dance clubs. No BS like Twitter, Snapchat. Good fashion/clothes. Amazing cars with big engines and mechanical steering. 2000s gave us iPhone, FB, XBOX, etc. 

Avatar was released in 2008, so it's still 2000s movie

1 minute ago, mrqe93 said:

2000s was the best decade ever. Amazing movies with saturated colors. Good indie movies like 21 Grams. Good summer blockbuster movies like Dark Knight. MySpace. Emo. Fun dance clubs. No BS like Twitter, Snapchat. Good fashion/clothes. Amazing cars with big engines and mechanical steering. 2000s gave us iPhone, FB, XBOX, etc. 

Avatar was released in 2008, so it's still 2000s movie

Uh, no. It was December 2009.

And I grew up in that decade, but I don't really think of the era as a whole as a great one.

Edited by cannastop

9 minutes ago, department store basement said:

I'm only a man who is attracted women.

9 minutes ago, cannastop said:

What would anyone even get Nostalgic about?

"Hey, remember that boring movie with the blue people that inadvertently kicked off the trend of forcing people to watch movies with sunglasses on their face?" I just can't see the nostalgic value.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 7