CJohn

MEH-MORIAL DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE | Abandon all hope, the box office is dead. 3 day weekend #s X-Men 65M, Alice 28.1M, Angry Birds 18.7M, Civil War 15.1M, Neighbors 9.1M. Bad openings, horrible holdovers.

9 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Sometimes I wonder if it's even possible to have nostalgia for that decade.

Also, Avatar was only barely released in the 00s, so I don't know if it counts.

I think the best way to know if you have nostalgia for the 2000s is if you have a strong reaction to the name "Michael Moore".

Just choosing him because he was so controversial during that decade, but what he was controversial for back then is commonplace today.

1 minute ago, department store basement said:

I think the best way to know if you have nostalgia for the 2000s is if you have a strong reaction to the name "Michael Moore".

Just choosing him because he was so controversial during that decade, but what he was controversial for back then is commonplace today.

Uh, that actually sounds like a pretty poor test.

I only knew about Michael Moore because I was a well-read 10-year-old.

3 minutes ago, department store basement said:

I miss that crazy Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie show. 

4 minutes ago, mrqe93 said:

2000s was the best decade ever. Amazing movies with saturated colors. Good indie movies like 21 Grams. Good summer blockbuster movies like Dark Knight. MySpace. Emo. Fun dance clubs. No BS like Twitter, Snapchat. Good fashion/clothes. Amazing cars with big engines and mechanical steering. 2000s gave us iPhone, FB, XBOX, etc. 

Avatar was released in 2008, so it's still 2000s movie

I honestly think most people will remember the 2000s for kicking off 2 never ending wars, terrorism, and the global financial crisis.

On top of that the nature of business just changed, most of the things the 2000s gave us, in terms of entertainment or consumer products, just seemed to either evolve into something better or just never go away at all. 

13 minutes ago, AJG said:

Ant-Man WW > XmenA WW

Could it happen?

It probably *will* happen. XM:A will do like 140 domestic. With less than 380 worldwide, it would happen, and sub-380 OS is plausible, given the drops we have seen for superhero movies and the fact that it seems to be struggling in Western European countries and Australia.

6 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

It had some of the best legs of any MCU movie.

Clearly audiences thought it was pretty good.

It is a fucking ton of fun for every age and it felt fresh to see a movie where the end of the world isn't at stake. It was also very original, something nobody else has ever seen before. Top tier MCU for sure.

But it is not one of the best origin stories ever made. Iron Man, Guardians of the Galaxy and Batman Begins are better, and I think 99% would agree. There are other two origin stories I also think it were better but that is just my opinion so I won't mention them. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, superweirdo87 said:

It probably *will* happen. XM:A will do like 140 domestic. With less than 380 worldwide, it would happen, and sub-380 OS is plausible, given the drops we have seen for superhero movies and the fact that it seems to be struggling in Western European countries and Australia.

That could be quite the accomplishment.

I don't think an Ant Man comic has ever outsold the flagship Xmen comic. It's just weird seeing the changes in popularity for these characters. I remember when Marvel was essentially SpiderMan and Xmen only, every other character was just pushed aside.

• Like 1

I am expecting a solid jump for Alice 2 which should make around 11M today continuing his massive floppage.

FOX should be terrified. I am expecting 20M today for Apocalypse for a 46.2M 2 days total. Just brutal. They get lucky that the Depp scandal and the Alice 2 massive bombage will overshadow this awful performance. It will go below First Class's daily numbers on Tuesday and there is no way it does 24.1M on 2nd weekend after barely making 62-64M on this inflated 3 day weekend and with the competition of TMNT2. It will end below the 146M First Class made DOM. 

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I am expecting a solid jump for Alice 2 which should make around 11M today continuing his massive floppage.

FOX should be terrified. I am expecting 20M today for Apocalypse for a 46.2M 2 days total. Just brutal. They get lucky that the Depp scandal and the Alice 2 massive bombage will overshadow this awful performance. It will go below First Class's daily numbers on Tuesday and there is no way it does 24.1M on 2nd weekend after barely making 62-64M on this inflated 3 day weekend and with the competition of TMNT2. It will end below the 146M First Class made DOM. 

Also want to add that yes, it will end below Ant-Man WW.