ddddeeee

Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children | 9/30/16

14 hours ago, grim22 said:

This seems an irony.
But is an awful thing to say. It would be worse if he said that blacks and Asians have not yet proved to be good actors as someone said here about women. It's weird... I don't remember seeing so many rebates.

Edited by alisson23

Damn I didnt even know this movie exists untill a few minutes ago. The trailer looks good. I guess after getting tired of all these X-men films, people wouldn't mind another fantasy Harry Potter version of that.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1

Just came back from this, not disappointing at all. It was as fun as I expected it to be.

Tim Burton's style fit this like a glove, just as I knew it would. The changes from the book were mostly understandable, a couple of them felt a bit unnecessary but I'm sure he had his reasons. Even though this is a trilogy I don't see this getting a sequel and I think he knew it as he made it.

One of the best Tim Burton's movies from the past 20 years or so, as many reviews implied. A solid 8/10 from me as a Tim Burton's fan and as somebody who enjoyed reading the book as well.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Darth Homer said:

Fun movie, deserves its success. The only real problem I had was the dodgy acting in parts (especially from Butterfield, but then his character was the least interesting) and some out of place silliness in the final act.

I'm still reeling from the Blackpool set-piece. I mean, what?

• Like 1

On 10/3/2016 at 1:04 AM, ddddeeee said:

I'm still reeling from the Blackpool set-piece. I mean, what?

That was the only part of the movie I loved because it went completely bonkers lol

A lot of kids when I saw this btw, all the worry about a PG-13 rating meant nothing as usual

Just watched it, it's pretty good but Asa Butterfield was atrociously awful in it, he has zero charisma...No wonder he didn't get the role of Peter Parker. Who wants an emotionless Spider-Man? Not yours truly that's for sure.

Edited by Bishop54

22 hours ago, Bishop54 said:

Just watched it, it's pretty good but Asa Butterfield was atrociously awful in it, he has zero charisma...No wonder he didn't get the role of Peter Parker. Who wants an emotionless Spider-Man? Not yours truly that's for sure.

True, but at least he's not a sinus supremus . . .

2 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

And Eva. :wub:

Yaasss. I actually went home and added Penny Dreadful to my Netflix queue after watching the movie. I have heard of it and was interested but it wasn't a priority. Well, it is now. I'm excited to start binging the show soon. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sam said:

Yaasss. I actually went home and added Penny Dreadful to my Netflix queue after watching the movie. I have heard of it and was interested but it wasn't a priority. Well, it is now. I'm excited to start binging the show soon. 

Eva is incredible in it. I don't care for the show outside of her character but she really goes for it. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sam said:

Penny is amazing, one of the best tv shows of the last few years, so damn underrated.

• Like 2

So this was ok.

Nothing bad, but nothing particularly good either.

Burton going through the motions, some great imagery here and there.

Eva was under-used, the male lead was meh and the little blond girl cute.

Oh and the mythology was super convoluted (they explain the loop thing probably 5 times in the movie and I am still  not sure how the damn thing works, some many rules and time issues) but not really interesting.

• Like 1