ddddeeee

Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children | 9/30/16

There's only one book so far but a sequel is on the way. It's a young adult fantasy/Sci-Fi novel half set in modern day, half set in WWII. I don't know if I'd compare it to anything else I've read. The book is littered with really disturbing photographs too.

• Like 1

Before that, Goldman has to finish writing duties on her adaptation of "Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children," which she's been penning for Tim Burton. Having just completed a first draft, she describes it thusly: "It’s quirky, I would say. It has really dark and scary moments in it, but there will be humor in it, it will be very perky, a little off-beat." Yep, sounds like Tim Burton! The story involves a child finding an abandoned school for children with supernatural powers who may not have actually vacated the premises, but Goldman made sure to emphasize, "It's very funny!" Most likely, it sounds like you can bring the kids.

• Like 1

After 55 weeks in the charts, 'Miss Peregrine...' finally topped the NY bestseller list.

On top of that the author confirmed that Burton is directing on Twitter.

Ransom Riggs@ransomriggs

Nope, he's on board. Where'd you hear that? @TheYoungBrit Is it true that Tim Burton is not going to be directing the movie after all?

• Like 1

Okay I must be thinking of something else then...

Gee its no fair they actually adapt kids novels into decent films now...

We had:Island of the Dolphins-turned into a crappy film

Indian in the Cupboard-Took YEARS to adapt...into a crappy film...

Meh

• Like 1

I really hope this turns out great, the book is insane. It's fantasy, sci-fi, partly set on a creepy Welsh Island, partly present-day and WWII period, there are fantastical creatures and time-travel and really creepy children who never age with peculiar talents.

• Like 1