kayumanggi

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES | 622.3 M overseas ● 794.9 M worldwide

SK thread

On 14.05.2017 at 6:48 PM, abra said:

POTC 5  presales 1,055

FF8 was 2,908

So wont expect much

China seems to be doing great tho (uncomparable to FF8)

Edited by Leyla

1 hour ago, Leyla said:

SK thread

FF8 was 2,908

So wont expect much

China seems to be doing great tho (uncomparable to FF8)

It has recovered since then. It is higher than Fate at a similar point. Current PS is at 15518. Fate was 12949 3 days to go. Pirates are 4 days and few hours to go to OD.

• Like 2

Pirates is opening in Korea tomorrow. Its PS is at 81639. I doubt its gonna hit even Guardians numbers. Probably make around 20m there. China PS did not accelerate at all. Plus Olive after seeing it is saying WOM will be BAD, I am thinking more like $160m in China(good 1st week and then crash after that). I would say OS 525m and domestic 150m. WW 675m.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Pirates is opening in Korea tomorrow. Its PS is at 81639. I doubt its gonna hit even Guardians numbers. Probably make around 20m there. China PS did not accelerate at all. Plus Olive after seeing it is saying WOM will be BAD, I am thinking more like $160m in China(good 1st week and then crash after that). I would say OS 525m and domestic 150m. WW 675m.

675 WW would be such a disappointment.

POTC2 & 3 did 630-640 OS-China.

POTC4 did 700+ OS-China (albeit exchange rates and still-in-vogue 3D helped compared to predecessors, despite fall in admissions in many markets)

POTC5 is looking at sub-700 WW despite 150+ China? Fuck.

Edited by a2knet

6 minutes ago, a2knet said:

675 WW would be such a disappointment.

POTC2 & 3 did 630-640 OS-China.

POTC4 did 700+ OS-China (albeit exchange rates and still-in-vogue 3D helped compared to predecessors, despite fall in admissions in many markets)

POTC5 is looking at sub-700 WW despite 150+ China? Fuck.

Some of the currencies have dropped half its value. Minus Korea almost everything dropped huge. Plus its going to drop hard in developed markets in local currency. Just do the math.

BTW what is your prediction for India? Will it do at least better than Guardians.

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

Presales are the end all be all? Let's wait for the opening days

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Presales are the end all be all? Let's wait for the opening days

China BO is quite easy to extrapolate. You can just draw the trend line from this point onwards. Most breakout movies accelerate PS by this point.

Only movies that open very low and then break out are small releases(Zootopia and Dangal kind). Pirates definitely wont behave like them as it will open > 50% of showtimes.

Let me guess? Chinese people are harshly hating on this film?

Like BvS-bad?

I feel like all the chinese audience in their country, have the exact same opinion about a blockbuster when they see it.

Would be predictable if OLIVE, keysersoze123, jiangsen, Gavin Feng & POTUS, have all the exact same negative rating.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

thx for the update keysersoze123

Better be indeed prepared for the most conservative outcome

prediction from kinobusiness for the opening weekend here

http://www.kinobusiness.com/news/piraty-na-gorizonte-obzor-novinok-uik-enda-25-28-maya/

General reception (aside from reviewers) seem to be positve enough (not on par with the trilogy tho)

juni expects 2 mln rub overall which would be excellent

The general opinion is that Pirates should gross 2 billion + RUB. So 900-1000 mln RUB is a reasonable prediction for OW. Deadpool grossed 964 mln RUB. The Force Awakens 880 mln RUB.

• Like 1