kayumanggi

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES | 622.3 M overseas ● 794.9 M worldwide

2 hours ago, peludo said:

TF has a huge advantage with China relative to any other franchise (excepting Fast & Furious). Maybe it will not repeat what parts 3 and 4 did, but just China guarantees 300s million. Unless something really strange happens, I see hard that TF5 can not reach 750-800, enough to go on with the franchise.

Transformers will double Pirates in China and so that is a big plus. But Pirates should be lot stronger in Europe for sure. Overall TF5 will win OS comfortably.

9 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Transformers will double Pirates in China and so that is a big plus. But Pirates should be lot stronger in Europe for sure. Overall TF5 will win OS comfortably.

Sure. Pirates is bigger in Europe and Transformers in Asia. That is precisely the reason why I think TF will win. I trust way more in Asian people coming back to see TF than in European people going to see Pirates. They are more faithful to their traditional preferred franchises.

$86.5Μ OS through Friday. I think a $250M opening is likely - maybe higher.

$800M WW is not dead

$900M WW is not dead

Even $1B is not dead, cuz it opens in Japan in July and that market could add $100M.

Don't panic guys.

Edited by Quigley
  • Like 8

9 minutes ago, Quigley said:

$800M WW is not dead

$900M WW is not dead

Even $1B is not dead, cuz it opens in Japan in July and that market could add $100M.

Don't panic guys.

It made around $52m friday (+ $ 30m without China).

If i was right, this foreign number will grow a lot today and tomorrow will do better than friday.

I think we're looking for a $ 110 - 120m weekend OS without China ($ 124 - 134m with thursday numbers).

By Monday , the number could be around $ 140m - 155m. With $ 100m from China and $ 75 - 80m from USA, POTC5 could gross $ 310 - 335m worldwide in 5 days without Japan.

A great start, i also think $ 800m is not dead.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Quigley said:

$800M WW is not dead

$900M WW is not dead

Don't panic guys.

Lets calm down a Bit...

800m would be terrific

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Quigley said:

$800M WW is not dead

$900M WW is not dead

Don't panic guys.

well that's a relief

looks like this may not be the end of the franchise after all

40 minutes ago, Quigley said:

$800M WW is not dead

$900M WW is not dead

Don't panic guys.

That escalated quite quickly. How on earth is is this making 800m OS  700m OS 600m OS when its losing in $ value in most major markets in a big way.

• Like 2

That escalated quite quickly. How on earth is is this making 800m OS  700m OS 600m OS when its losing in $ value in most major markets in a big way.

Yes, I think $1B and $900M are long gone, if only due to ER. It is losing PotC4 in almost every market (China can't compensate everything). However, I still consider this will be a success for Disney compared to AiW2 and Tomorrowland.

This will not make $100 million in Japan. Even the peak of the franchise (At World's End) would fall short of $100 million under current exchange rates. The fourth film would have made $79.67 million in current exchange rates, and that was when 3D was still strong in the market. I think $60 million is a good figure for this in Japan.

• Like 2

Good extrapolations above :). That's exactly what I think.
It is at 109.9M at the moment according to BOM +19.5M from China today + 20M tomorrow (let's say it doesn't increase despite the holiday on Monday).
Plus the now expected rest of the weekend in the USA (38.5M).
And it made more than 30M on Friday OS. So plus at least again ca. 65M (86.5M minus China) from OS countries. Probably more, for example I saw that it had a nice jump today in South Korea.
Counted together ca. 253M after Sunday. It's almost impossibe not to cross 250M.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I cant see this grossing over $800m,with those numbers.

Obviously not 900 ot billi

I don't see POTC5 having the exactly same legs from Apocalypse, this is not frontloaded like that (the friday number already show that). So a $ 77m (4 day) for a $ 175m total.

China is going to $ 160m from what i see in Chinese Discussion.

The 4th made + $100m in Japan, with today exchange rates it falls to $ 80m. Assuming it will drop a little in admissions (almost sure), it could get $ 65m.

The movie will probably debut with $ 125 - 135m OS - China with thursday numbers, so $ 400m OS - China is reasonable.

$ 175m from USA + $ 160m from China + $ 65m from Japan + $ 400m from the rest = $ 800m.

• Like 1