kayumanggi

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES | 622.3 M overseas ● 794.9 M worldwide

3 hours ago, zackzack said:

POTC5 looks to do FB number WW : $750M - $800M

The comparison is not unreasonable considering that both movies are heavily overseas driven and they both share strong markets among european countries and japan.

FB made an overseas debut, excluding China and Japan of $145m for a total of $432m.

Thats a x2.9 multiplier but considering it was released in holiday time I think it is objective to say that this one will have shorter legs even considering that wom is the same.

So, FB and POTC 5 look about to make the same amount in Japan, FB grossed 64m, while the pirates will make 80m more in China and FB, 60m more in USA.

I think that the os-china numbers can give us an idea of where it is heading..

• Like 2

I think Transformers 5 still have chance to make $900m.

Transformers 4 

DOM - $245m

CHN - $320m

OS-CHN - $538m($430m in today’s ER)

Transformers 5

DOM - $200m?

CHN - $400m?

OS-CHN - $301m? ($430m*0.7)

WW - $900m?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Any idea around what OS-China looking at...400 possible?

I want to see how UK , BR and scandinavia are doing. Mexico looks weak( huge drop in $ from P4). I think we should be able to extrapolate after this weekend. China looks like 170m. So that is not bad at all. Japan I would say $50m.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I want to see how UK , BR and scandinavia are doing. Mexico looks weak( huge drop in $ from P4). I think we should be able to extrapolate after this weekend. China looks like 170m. So that is not bad at all. Japan I would say $50m.

exchange rate hitting it badly. 275-300 from China+Japan seemed reasonable enough but now 225 is more like it from those two markets combined.

Dom gonna drop 25-50 odd from expectations (200-225 to 175)

A similar story everywhere for 800-850 changing to 700-725

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

It will be in $ 320 - 330m tomorrow!

I really can't see how people expect this to do 600m-ish or barely $ 700m.

$ 800m is totally alive!

Are you talking OS or WW?

Anyway Pirates OS number is meh considering it opened everywhere minus Japan and China did like 67m. Anyway let us wait for screendaily report. they might have underestimated many markets.

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

Anyway Pirates OS number is meh considering it opened everywhere minus Japan and China did like 67m. Anyway let us wait for screendaily report. they might have underestimated many markets.

it's not meh

it's fine considering the exchange rates and weather situation

also, it looked like 700m was the best it could hope for in the middle of the week and now 800m is back on the cards

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

$ 800m WW.

Even if it's not underestimated, it's good enough to my $ 800m hope, haha.

7 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

$ 800m WW.

Even if it's not underestimated, it's good enough to my $ 800m hope, haha.

Domesticallly its going to make 175m max. China is looking at 170m. That leaves 455m for rest. Take out Japan and it needs 400m from the rest. Not easy at all unless it has great legs.

19 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Domesticallly its going to make 175m max. China is looking at 170m. That leaves 455m for rest. Take out Japan and it needs 400m from the rest. Not easy at all unless it has great legs.

It will be difficult to make 400m without china and japan.

As I pointed out before as a comparison, Fantastic Beasts opened to similar numbers minus japan and china (145m to be precise) and went on to make $430m WITH christmast legs. It was considered one of the leggiest runs of the year...

This one is a little lower, $140m so it would need more or less similar legs to match it.

It is not impossible but it would need some very good holds. 

Ovee/Under $800m seems to be the case.

If I had to bet, I would go with under...

Edited by FantasticBeasts

Meh numbers... not much better worldwide opening than the R rated,low budget, non 3D Deadpool (without  China) or even Logan. Wonder Woman will bury this. The next film will struggle to make 500mil worldwide.