kayumanggi

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES | 622.3 M overseas ● 794.9 M worldwide

51 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

Why is it so important to you that Transformers will beat Pirates at the box office? Tramsformers still won't make nearly as much as BatB, F8 or TLJ, so it won't even come close to winning the year. I'm pretty sure Paramount doesn't give a crap whether TF5 makes more than Pirates 5 as long as it makes a profit, so why do you care?

Excuse me? I compare it to any movie that I want, we're on a Box Office forum to discuss about numbers, and comparisons makes part of this discussion.

And just for your information, I'm comparing both movies because I'm pretty sure that TF is going to follow the same pattern.

• Like 1

This includes a $67.8 million debut in China and an industry record opening in Russia of an estimated $18.6 million. Additional international debuts include South Korea ($11.6m), France ($9.3m), Germany ($8.4m), Mexico ($6.9m), UK ($6.3m), Brazil ($5.6m), Italy ($5.5m), Australia ($4.4m), Spain ($4.4m), Indonesia ($4m), Taiwan ($3.6m), India ($3m) and Argentina ($3m).

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4296&p=.htm

• Like 3

Comparing to Avatar makes everything look poor in comparison when it's not. For example, only 4 other films have even surpassed 50% of Avatar's OS gross. F8 is only at 49% of Avatar's OS haul so far, yet nobody would say that it's anything short of a terrific OS performance. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

Why I wouldn't?

Every movie craves/wants/envies Avatar's numbers.

Every movie wants Avatar numbers because Avatar is by far the biggest grosser ever. comparing films to Avatar numbers just makes everything look bad and seems pointless to me as it's so obvious.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Russia is terrific while UK is horrific even if you take out the weather factor. DMC almost did 100m in UK 11 years back, with wonder woman opening next week(UK is a market it should do well), I could see Pirates miss 25m.

Still a possibility it could recover like Men in Black 3. Even Prince of Persia increased second weekend thanks to bad weather first weekend I believe 

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Olive said:

This includes a $67.8 million debut in China and an industry record opening in Russia of an estimated $18.6 million. Additional international debuts include South Korea ($11.6m), France ($9.3m), Germany ($8.4m), Mexico ($6.9m), UK ($6.3m), Brazil ($5.6m), Italy ($5.5m), Australia ($4.4m), Spain ($4.4m), Indonesia ($4m), Taiwan ($3.6m), India ($3m) and Argentina ($3m).

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4296&p=.htm

Apart from India, UK i feel it has done solid business all over! Exceeded my expectations. Turns out my predictions are going wrong nowadays :D