kayumanggi

WONDER WOMAN | 409.2 M overseas ● 821.8 M worldwide

The UK opened on a non-traditional Thursday to $1.6M (£1.2M) on 1,284 screens. Ranking No. 1, WW came in well-ahead of the 2nd frame Thursday of Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales. She also exceeded the opening days of Wolverine (+30%), Thor (+17%) and Captain America: The First Avenger (+11%). The latter two have been key comps for the pic.

Brazil landed $1M (R$3.4M) on 1,273 screens, more than doubling POTC5 for the day. Including Wednesday previews, the running cume is now $1.5M (R$4.8M). The (largely male-dominated) pics WW bested at bow include Thor (+79%), Ant-Man (+42%), Doctor Strange (+37%), Man Of Steel (+31%), and First Avenger (+11%)

That's not too promising especially when they're doing % comparisons in local currency from a time when the exchange rate was much better (especially Brazil)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

This opening is similar to GOTG2's. Will @Napoleon @Mockingjay Raphael @alisson23 tell me it's a failure ? :rofl:

GOTG2 did well in the end, the same number for the first WW movie would be great and slightly behind Doctor Strange. That's satisfying in the end.

Gotg 2 opened with $ 1.2m (including previews), WW with $1.5m and is expected to open the weekend with $ 6.8m- $ 7.3m, more than GotG2. The second had a pre-holiday Sunday to help it. WW would open with $ 8m OW if it had the same advantage as GotG2. Diana alone will destroy the return of an entire team. Nice!

Apart from a few countries here and there, Wonder Woman's international numbers aren't as good as I thought they would be to be honest. I'm doubting $400M happens now and I think $330M-$350M is the range now but we shall see, I guess. 

19 minutes ago, Nova said:

Apart from a few countries here and there, Wonder Woman's international numbers aren't as good as I thought they would be to be honest. I'm doubting $400M happens now and I think $330M-$350M is the range now but we shall see, I guess. 

Reaching MOS' numbers would be a big win, especially when it is easily crushing this when we adjust the ER.

1 minute ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Reaching MOS' numbers would be a big win, especially when it is easily crushing this when we adjust the ER.

It's really really early of course but I'm having a hard time seeing this reach $375M OS.

I do think it has the potential to beat MoS domestically though and depending on how far it gets on the domestic scale, it may pass MoS World Wide total but I'm having a hard time seeing it get past $375M OS. Of course like I said, it's early so we shall see how it's legs are in these countries :) 

Unless it develops much stronger than usual legs and a has break out country or two then $350m might even be high.

X-Men Apoc did $388m and that was with $120m in China and higher openings in big markets like SK & UK.  That could be a $70-75m+ difference just from those 3 markets.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=x-men2016.htm

• Like 2

$ 47M OS

mojo

Now open in all 55 offshore markets where she’s debuting this weekend, Warner Bros’ Wonder Woman has racked up a total $47.1Mthrough Friday at the international box office. That’s coming off an additional $28Myesterday on 34,335 screens — nearly half of them of them in China.

Edited by fabiopazzo2
  • Like 1

After seeing that a large chunk of that number is coming from China, I'm starting to wonder if $300-$320M OS is what it's going to get :thinking: Something like $315M OS plus $280M domestic. 

Could this miss $600M WW or am I not looking at these OS numbers in the right way? 

7 minutes ago, Nova said:

After seeing that a large chunk of that number is coming from China, I'm starting to wonder if $300-$320M OS is what it's going to get :thinking: Something like $315M OS plus $280M domestic. 

Could this miss $600M WW or am I not looking at these OS numbers in the right way? 

These numbers are only until Friday, it does not include the Saturday numbers (which are sure to be higher than the Friday numbers). And do not forget that Wonder Woman has not been released yet in most of Western Europe (France, Germany, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland etc) and Japan.

7 minutes ago, Nova said:

Po obejrzeniu, że duża część tej liczby pochodzi z Chin, zaczynam się zastanawiać, czy $ 300- $ 320M OS jest to, co się dzieje, aby uzyskać  :thinking: coś podobnego $ 315M OS plus $ 280M krajowy. 

Może to panna $ 600M WW lub nie jestem ja, patrząc na te numery OS we właściwy sposób? 

Also, I think this will be a hit in the US but in the world will be very shrewd judging what is happening now

• Like 1

Just now, bruchav said:

These numbers are only until Friday, it does not include the Saturday numbers (which are sure to be higher than the Friday numbers). And do not forget that Wonder Woman has not been released yet in most of Western Europe (France, Germany, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland etc) and Japan.

I understand that but if im looking at how it did in say Austrailia and Britain....I don't see why it would perform better in those Western European markets. When the great reviews came out, I thought $400M was locked. This morning I thought $350M but now looking at the numbers and seeing the breakdown I think $315-325M is where it's headed OS....unless it breaks out in one or two bigger market countries.

3 minutes ago, abra said:

Also, I think this will be a hit in the US but in the world will be very shrewd judging what is happening now

This is how I feel. I think a bigger portion of its world wide total will come from the US as opposed to the norm for a comic book film. 

2 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Unless it develops much stronger than usual legs and a has break out country or two then $350m might even be high.

X-Men Apoc did $388m and that was with $120m in China and higher openings in big markets like SK & UK.  That could be a $70-75m+ difference just from those 3 markets.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=x-men2016.htm

Hmmm No!

X-men: Apocalypse made $8,5 opening weekend in South Korea,  Wonder Woman already  made $5.955m (by Saturday here), and will make at least $7M on opening weekend.

X-men: Apocalypse made $4,6 opening weekend in Australia, Wonder Woman made $$1.9(by friday) WW will get those $4.6m that Apocalypse made, so it will not make a smaller opening like you said.

X-men: Apocalypse made $10.6m opening weekend in UK .Wonder Woman will make around $8m here on Opening Weekend, Apocalypse made $24m total in the UK , Wonder Woman will have better legs for sure, Apocalypse had a bad word-of-mouth, WW will have no problem reaching that mark here.

So we can see that your claim that Apocalypse has much larger openings in these countries is not true after all, and Wonder Woman will have better legs than Apocalype, I have no doubts about that.

Wonder Woman is opening  better then Apocalypse in other big markets like Brazil and Mexico, and will certainly have better legs as well.

Wonder Woman will probably make about $ 45m Less than Apocalypse did in China, but  will beat Apocalypse OS -China numbers , I think $ 345m is a good shot for now.

Edited by bruchav

Very busy showings today and tonight here in the U.K. Going to a sold out one in 50 minutes for second viewing.

International opening is looking like $100m then. Great news.

BVS made $75m from the other markets not opening this weekend.