kayumanggi

WONDER WOMAN | 409.2 M overseas ● 821.8 M worldwide

I never said whether Russia liked DC or not. 

I'm merely providing numbers for the film. And Russia is a market that the film is opening in soooo I thought I'd help out by providing the numbers from the Russia thread and explaining the numbers the same way the poster who provided said numbers did. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, a2knet said:

source

WW benefits from a Chinese traditional festival in HK and TW. The last Wednesday in a month is also a cultural day in Korea when people enjoy discount for movies. That being said, I think WW will do at least decent in these markets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I think this will be great in countries that are more informed about American trends.

UK,Australia,Germany and so on.

Just like the market's where Star Wars is big.

I think it will do well in latin american countries and asian countries. Territories where SH movies have tended to do well

i don't see the american angle in this like guardians 2 where there were a lot of jokes  and references which asian and LA countries wouldnt have gotten. 

Regardless i think we can agree this will do well everywhere relative to expectations 

1 hour ago, CasualName99 said:

WW benefits from a Chinese traditional festival in HK and TW. The last Wednesday in a month is also a cultural day in Korea when people enjoy discount for movies. That being said, I think WW will do at least decent in these markets.

thanks! that's good to know.

21 minutes ago, bruchav said:

Is Box office mojo reliable? According to Mojo,  Man of Steel made $8.1m opening weekend in Auatrália.

Yes it's reliable for the most part. 

The exchange rate was wildly different then though -  US $1 = 1.09339 Australian Dollar  vs US $1 = 1.3428 Australian Dollar

A+DqLN8aC5PZAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Copying this over, but might be useful to extrapolate the NZ OW, since I'm hoping the Australia one is an outlier.

Assuming it gets to 1.8M off this OD in NZ, that'd be a 126M OW. Give or take like 60M.

20 hours ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Come on guys don't be lazy. We have numbers but no one is updating this thread.

Repeating my post in the Indonesia box office thread.

Wonder Woman's opening day gross (May 31) was $803k, equivalent to 300k admissions.

May 31 was not a holiday, but June 1 is. No numbers yet for June 1, but I see near-full booking screens all day. Should be a massive uptick.

As for the 5-day OW, I expect to be in the range of 1.5 admissions, around $4m.

Sample booking screen for an IMAX show at 9.15pm tonight (June 2):

1pU1mF2.png

Worldwide $ 18.7M 

mojo

http://deadline.com/2017/06/wonder-woman-opening-box-office-results-international-1202105707/ 

FRIDAY UPDATE, Refresh for latestWarner Bros’ lasso-hurling DC superhero Wonder Woman notched up a further $12.1M at overseas turnstiles on Thursday, taking the international box office come to $18.7M through yesterday. The Patty Jenkins-helmed pic, which set a record for domestic previews, entered an additional 32 markets on Thursday (it’s now open in a total of 37 offshore hubs

Edited by fabiopazzo2
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, newbie BO buff said:

Repeating my post in the Indonesia box office thread.

Wonder Woman's opening day gross (May 31) was $803k, equivalent to 300k admissions.

May 31 was not a holiday, but June 1 is. No numbers yet for June 1, but I see near-full booking screens all day. Should be a massive uptick.

As for the 5-day OW, I expect to be in the range of 1.5 admissions, around $4m.

Second day gross (June 1) $1.3m, 2-day cume $2.103m.

Right on track.

• Like 1