kayumanggi

WONDER WOMAN | 409.2 M overseas ● 821.8 M worldwide

On 27/5/2017 at 11:46 AM, bruchav said:

Maybe in Poland, but here in Brazil and Latin America. Wonder Woman is as famous as Superman, and Wonder Woman has an advantage, she does not have many haters as Superman has, a lot of people love Superman here, but a large portion do not like Superman because they think he's a boring character, I think That Wonder Woman has a great chance to make more money here than Man of Steel did. Or at least make the same.

I think $380m / $400m OS for Wonder Woman is a good shot.

I'm really good at it.

• Like 1

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/07/25/box-office-can-wonder-woman-be-japans-next-frozen/#6e3eba9c2f3a

Wonder Woman' Box Office: Can It Be Japan's Next 'Frozen'?

Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad both made $16 million-$17 million, which is almost identical to Kong: Skull Island ($17m) and Doctor Strange ($16m). Looking at recent MCU movies, if Wonder Woman plays like that we're looking at a range between $10m (Ant-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2) and $26m (Avengers: Age of Ultron, Captain America: Civil War). But, and this is a big "but," if I'm Warner Bros. I'm selling the hell out of Wonder Woman as a princess adventure fable, as opposed to a comic book superhero movie. Because, well, for example, Frozen earned $249m in Japan back in 2014.

Now that release was a perfect storm situation, with Anna and Elsa were voiced by Sayaka Kanda and Takako Matsu (two respected Japanese singer-actors) while the marketing played up the female empowerment angle right as Japanese society was starting to come to terms with societal chauvinism. Expecting every female-led princess adventure to play like Frozen is like expecting every comic book superhero sequel to play like The Dark Knight. But the movie that displaced Frozen in Japan was Walt Disney's Maleficent, which earned $63m in Japan as part of its $758m global take three summers ago.

Without overly simplifying things, Walt Disney's female-led fantasies have been very big business in Japan. Zootopia earned $70 million last year while Moana earned $46m. And Star Wars: The Force Awakens earned $97m in Japan while Beauty and the Beast earned $110m earlier this year. 

$20m is attainable!! if WB's marketing is smart enough, $40m isn't out of question!! 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

$20m is attainable!! if WB's marketing is smart enough, $40m isn't out of question!! 

Exactly. Don't know why anyone's bringing up Frozen or any other Disney movie in regards to whatever Wonder Woman will do in Japan.

July 2:    363.4 (+27.6, -26.2%)

July 9:    377.1 (+13.6, -50.7%)

July 16:  385.3 (+8.2, -39.7%)

July 23:  390.6 (+5.3, -35.4%)

Given that I'm expecting around 3-3.5m in the last 7 days, 394m, and about 400m total without Japan.

Edited by MattW
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MattW said:

July 2:    363.4 (+27.6, -26.2%)

July 9:    377.1 (+13.6, -50.7%)

July 16:  385.3 (+8.2, -39.7%)

July 23:  390.6 (+5.3, -35.4%)

Given that I'm expecting around 3-3.5m in the last 7 days, 394m, and about 400m total without Japan.

Dang this is unbelievable, this may even hit $400M before Japan.

I never thought that it get past MOS OS number let alone this high.

• Like 2