a2k

Thursday Numbers - APOC 3.58m (Deadline)

The top-grossing title last night on the charts was 20th Century Fox’s X-Men: Apocalypse which made an estimated $3.58M for a first week’s gross of $94.2M.

http://deadline.com/2016/06/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2-me-before-you-pop-star-weekend-box-office-1201766674/

3.58m is a drop of 16.45% from 4.285m Wed.

Edited by a2knet

1 minute ago, FilmBuff said:

How far behind DOFP is it now? Lulz

DOFP had a 4.97m Thu taking it to 129.47m.

APOC had a 3.58m Thu taking it to 94.2m.

DOFP's weekend drop from 3-day OW was 64%.

I fully expect APOC to fall 70%.

Just look at their preview:OW ratio (8.1m/90.8m for DOFP and 8.2m/65.8m for APOC)

70% drop would be a ~19.75m 2nd weekend.

DOFP's True Friday was 35.5-8.1=27.4m. It's 2nd weekend was 32.55m. 32.55/27.4 = 1.19.

APOC's True Friday was 26.3-8.2=18.1m. Same ratio would give a 1.19*18.1 = 21.5m 2nd weekend. That would be the high-bar for the weekend.

But I don't see why the ratio should be the same. Will be worse with sequelitis and lesser wom.

18-20m 2nd weekend happening imo.

7 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

Lucky for X-Men, other things are flopping much worse right now!

True. 140-145m dom and 350-375m OS on a 170m budget seems like a boon right now.

Actually those are good numbers anytime. But especially right now it looks much better than it is.

Edited by a2knet

Seriously even now sequels that does come after a belloved first one does less i mean very less.....

But some people here say critic means nothing when a movie open...... i m not sure now .

Families before spend their money now will see critic if the movie is worth or not cause a family + 3 4 kids will not spend 100+$$ if the movie sucks......

And i understand them.

Beside this and the fact this time is satured with super hero movies.... Peoples need a break.

a2knet, what do you think final domestic looks like for XMA? 147-149?

94.1 this week 1

113.85 weekend 2

120.3 week 2

129.1 weekend 3 (8.8)

132.6 week 3

136.5 weekend 4 (4.1)

138.3 week 4 (1.8)

140.3 weekend 5 (1.5)

After it's fifth weekend, 1st class had 139.

So, expecting a weaker run of like 5, it would be like 145.3 domestic.

But, a multiplier of 1.85 gets you to 147.63. That seems adequately low. Maybe, it is not.

Edited by superweirdo87
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Scrap X-Men for a minute and just release Deadpool, Wolverine and Mystique solo outings. Sprinkle a few other X-Men in each. Ditch Prof X and Magneto altogether for a little while.

I think Fox will focus on Deadpool/X-Force and X-23 for a while. I was hoping for a sequel in 2019 or 2020 with a new creative team. But, who knows how Fox will react.

6 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Scrap X-Men for a minute and just release Deadpool, Wolverine and Mystique solo outings. Sprinkle a few other X-Men in each. Ditch Prof X and Magneto altogether for a little while.

Hugh Jackman is already leaiving X-Men after Wolverine3. Jennifer Lawrence is not a Boxoffice hot-rode anymore. Deadpool is much more like the Hangover movie success. Fox needs fresh ideas to keep its franchise alive. No need to rush and produce 2 movies each year.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, leatherjacket said:

Hugh Jackman is already leaiving X-Men after Wolverine3. Jennifer Lawrence is not a Boxoffice hot-rode anymore. Deadpool is much more like the Hangover movie success. Fox needs fresh ideas to keep its franchise alive. No need to rush and produce 2 movies each year.

THIS! And J. Law is not coming back.

• Like 1