Wrath

BOT User Tracking 6/10-12 Conjuring 2, Now You See Me 2, Warcraft

No, in case anyone is curious, I have no idea what happens with the formatting when I do those. I mean, I know its a result of cutting and pasting, but I don't know how to make it stop and I'm not going to type everything out by hand every time.

Edited by Wrath

2 hours ago, Wrath said:

Well, the good news is that you're *extremely* unlikely to be our worst predictor, ever. :)

we'll see lol

I do think that everyone is completely underestimating the fanbase in the US.  Also, Blizzard Entertainment has some of the most loyal fans you can ever imagine. they have 3 franchise games(4 now with Overwatch) and they have their own gigantic event called Blizzcon.  No other gaming company has ever been able to do that.   Maybe no one will show up..   I think it will open strong and perhaps fall quickly.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sirbadd said:

we'll see lol

I do think that everyone is completely underestimating the fanbase in the US.  Also, Blizzard Entertainment has some of the most loyal fans you can ever imagine. they have 3 franchise games(4 now with Overwatch) and they have their own gigantic event called Blizzcon.  No other gaming company has ever been able to do that.   Maybe no one will show up..   I think it will open strong and perhaps fall quickly.

I was a prot pally tank (and fairly active theorycrafter) in a semi-serious raiding guild from Burning Crusade through Cataclysm, and took over as GL for a while after that. Only finally quit raiding at the end of Panda-ville, plus both my kids have leveled characters. I've also been a beta tester for everything they've done in the last 10 years, including Overwatch. Believe me, I know how deep its fanbase runs. But I also know how much of its fanbase its LOST. We'll see.

As it happens, I'm heading out to see it with the kids + their friends right now...

15 minutes ago, Sirbadd said:

we'll see lol

If all 5.5 current WoW subscribers went to see this thats only like 55m in grosses. 

Edited by Jay Hollywood

23 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

If all 5.5 current WoW subscribers went to see this thats only like 55m in grosses. 

there was a total of 100 million paid unique subscribers during it's tenure.  meaning that some played for months, some for years and there was a certain rotation.   Also, there is the warcraft 1, 2 and 3 franchise that drew millions as well as Hearthstone that is based on warcraft that has 30 million active users.  Just because someone stopped playing the game, doesn't mean that they don't want to see the movie.

As far as the 5.5M subscribers, think about this, the game has been out for over 12 years and still has a freaking 5.5M subscribers!  people were still using playstation 2 when WoW came out! ps3 didn't come out yet!  tell me a game that came out at that time they have that many active players(let alone paying players)

Edited by Sirbadd

Conjuring 2

Prediction: 39.5M +/- 8.07M (1 standard deviation)

Actual: 40.4M (off by 0.9M, so 0.11 stndev)

Superlative. Not a bullseye, but close. By far the best predict of the sites, too. Overall, this weekend can make a credible argument to being our best weekend of predicting, ever. department store basement was closest with 40.3M.

abcabc

Now You See Me 2

Prediction: 20.7M +/- 6.19M (1 standard deviation)

Actual: 22.4M (off by 1.7M, so 0.27 stndev)

Another outstanding predict. Not the best as Variety's 23M just beat us, but still much better than anyone else.  Leyla was our best predict at 22M BARELY edging out Panamovie (at 22.8M).

Warcraft

Prediction: 26.5M +/- 11.26M (1 standard deviation)

Actual: 24.2M (off by 2.3M, so 0.20 stndev)

Yet another outstanding predict, though just about everyone (except the increasingly reliably insane MovieWeb.com) nailed it. Best predict was 24M by mahnamahna who BARELY edged me (24.5M).

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 3