WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 50): The Conjuring 40.3M | Warcraft 24M | NYSM 23M| TMNT 14.8M | X-Men 10M | Me Before You 9.2M

Plans ended up changing again and we're getting a big groups of people to see Conjuring 2 next weekend after exams are done, so I went with my dad to NYSM2 (cause he refused to see Conjuring when I jokingly asked him. He said its cause horror movies are dumb but I think secretly he's just scared).

Anyways after the movie we were driving home and I said "do you wish we had seen Conjuring now?"

"I wish I had gotten a root canal instead."

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

On the other side, really enjoyed Conjuring 2. It has it's faults by being too long and going overboard with the CGI but the first half is strong. Some of those set pieces were better then the original. 

I agree.

Spoiler

The crooked man was just silly.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

lol, conjuring 2 didn't go overboard with cgi

I wrote a full review in the review section.

But yeah it did.

Spoiler

Anything with Crooked Man and the climax (the scene from the poster where she's going to jump and the nun demon shows up) went way overboard.

Huge horror fan and was greatly anticipating this. It had a lot to love but not those two things.

I wasn't let down though. Would probably give it a 7.5-7.7/10

9 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

I agree.

Hide contents

The crooked man was just silly.

Yeah man. There's one time he should have shown up and that was 

Spoiler

when he popped out of the tent. Seeing his face would have been enough. Chasing Ed afterwards was the second dumbest scene in the movie after the transforming dog scene.

For a movie that was pretty grounded in realism in areas, that took me way out of it. 

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Jay Hollywood said:

You're admitting the prequels failed because what you keep saying you want to see, IS what those movies were intended to be... 

Not really. I love the trilogy for it's brilliant idea. But Anakin's turn to the dark side wasn't explored enough and that idea is the reason why I like the PT in the first place. I want to see how he is changing up close, with Obi-Wan beginning to notice.

6 hours ago, Noctis said:

Without the political and social plots?! What kind of movie would that be? 

Also, Anakin turned to the dark side in RoTS. He murdered so many of those sand creatures in AoTC because they held his mother captive...and Padme was so okay with that. Oh its ok annie you might be a psycopathic murderer but ill love u 4eva...luv wins...

And then he had a dream where Padma died during childbirth...which kickstarted everything. Because people having dreams of their loved ones dying always ends up consuming them to the point where they want to take over the GALAXY, riiiiiiiiight?

Stupid ass trilogy.

Well, it depends on the person. Of course you'd have to have some personal ambitions in the first place. But wouldn't you do anything, and I mean anything, no matter how horrible, for the people you love?

As for Padme being okay with him killing the sand people, so what? I see no problem with that. He was more important to her than those people who killed his mother. The more pressing moral issue was the things Anakin did to become a Sith in order to save her (the Temple March). It kinda was the end justifies the means and not everyone can appreciate having someone willing to kill for them. From this point of view the moral conflict was interesting.   

• Like 7

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

Plans ended up changing again and we're getting a big groups of people to see Conjuring 2 next weekend after exams are done, so I went with my dad to NYSM2 (cause he refused to see Conjuring when I jokingly asked him. He said its cause horror movies are dumb but I think secretly he's just scared).

Anyways after the movie we were driving home and I said "do you wish we had seen Conjuring now?"

"I wish I had gotten a root canal instead."

The NYSM series is literally one of the most stupidly dumb and absurd yet amazingly entertaining series around.

How could you NOT like it??

Edited by ThatOneGuy

47 minutes ago, Treecraft said:

I care :( 

I guess we will have to wait until the official studio estimates to get anything new :sadben: 

I bet next weekend DHD, THR, The Wrap and Variety will be tripping over each other to give us new Dory numbers every minute during all the weekend :kitschjob: 

• Like 1

I have awoken... And it appears I have an apology to make....

You may have noticed this weekend, I haven't actually been myself... You may have heard me say, "Warcraft is my favorite movie of all time," but let me start from the beginning.

Earlier this Thursday I began delving and searching for a way for the forum to see how crazy some of the fanboys really were, and I believe I delved into some "magic" I shouldn't have in the deep Bamboo forest.  I know it's not excuse, I was just fed up with the constant "Civil War is the best movie ever!", "If you didn't like BvS you're a hater!", I wanted the forum to know. 

Anyways, when I went to see Warcraft later that night I was overtaken...  And corrupted by the Fel...  Out of desperation it appears I had discovered the Fel and was overtaken, and it consumed me like it had consumed Medivh and Gul'dan, and I became a raging, vile Warcraft fanboy.  

With the help of that one Mage in the Warcraft movie who wasn't Ben Foster (but still sucked at acting), I have managed to escape the clutches of the Fel, and have gained my sanity back.  I'm sorry to say, but you shouldn't trust anything I said about Warcraft since, well I saw Warcraft on Thursday night.

Now that my sanity has returned, I must say, Warcraft is not my favorite movie of all time.  Not even close.  But I have talked to long, and I will post my full, real review in the Warcraft review thread in a little bit.

Hopefully, I never turn into what the worst this forum has to offer ever again.

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, The Pandaren said:

You may have noticed this weekend, I haven't actually been myself... You may have heard me say, "Warcraft is my favorite movie of all time," but let me start from the beginning.

Earlier this Thursday I began delving and searching for a way for the forum to see how crazy some of the fanboys really were, and I believe I delved into some "magic" I shouldn't have in the deep Bamboo forest.  I know it's not excuse, I was just fed up with the constant "Civil War is the best movie ever!", "If you didn't like BvS you're a hater!", I wanted the forum to know. 

Anyways, when I went to see Warcraft later that night I was overtaken...  And corrupted by the Fel...  Out of desperation it appears I had discovered the Fel and was overtaken, and it consumed me like it had consumed Medivh and Gul'dan, and I became a raging, vile Warcraft fanboy.  

With the help of that one Mage in the Warcraft movie who wasn't Ben Foster (but still sucked at acting), I have managed to escape the clutches of the Fel, and have gained my sanity back.  I'm sorry to say, but you shouldn't trust anything I said about Warcraft since, well I saw Warcraft on Thursday night.

Now that my sanity has returned, I must say, Warcraft is not my favorite movie of all time.  Not even close.  But I have talked to long, and I will post my full, real review in the Warcraft review thread in a little bit.

It's still at least an A++ though, right?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The Pandaren said:

Ugh, you're such a hater.

• Like 2