WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 50): The Conjuring 40.3M | Warcraft 24M | NYSM 23M| TMNT 14.8M | X-Men 10M | Me Before You 9.2M

55 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The movie really needed more star power for sure. WoW is not exactly a huge brand outside its target demo, a recognizable name might have helped a bit.

I doubt star power would have helped the movie much. Reviews kinda doomed it, if you ask me.

2 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

So how often does this sort of thing occur folks when going to see a movie??? Let's say this was a 1PM showing and it was this empty: Wouldn't they just cancel showing the movie knowing no one gave 0 fucks about it to not show up???

It happens all the time and there is no point in canceling the show as it is already scheduled and during the normal business hours.  The only thing they might do if there are 0 people is shut off the projector bulb to save the hours on it.  The only time they will "cancel" is a late show if nobody shows.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnboy3434 said:

You're leaving out the important factor of cost. Pacific Rim probably cost $45M more than Warcraft (once you include P&A), and once foreign receipts are taken into account it's possible that Warcraft will have lost less money for the studio.

Doing much better in the US though usually equates to doing far better in ancillary.   Whereas, China barely has an ancillary market which is why even if Legendary is getting the same 55% cut from theaters in China as in the U.S. it's making nearly nothing from the market after it leaves theaters there.

Edited by TalismanRing

7 minutes ago, John Marston said:

X men Apoc collapsed overseas. Might make less worldwide than what DOFP made overseas alone 

Very doubtful.  It's at $478.5 now after making $25m O/S and about $10m domestic.  It only needs another $35m combined to pass DOFP O/S and still has Japan which is good for another few million as well.  

That approx 30% drop WW from DOFP though...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

Here they cancel it. There is a 15 minute window between the beginning of the show and the actual movie starts (which consists of trailers and ads). If nobody shows up they pull the movie. 

Yeah, I guess in America people will show up late to a show and not care. 

23 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

It happens all the time and there is no point in canceling the show as it is already scheduled and during the normal business hours.  The only thing they might do if there are 0 people is shut off the projector bulb to save the hours on it.  The only time they will "cancel" is a late show if nobody shows.  

This.  Exactly this, all day long. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

So The Nice Guys' PTA basically stayed flat. It's a shame it started to lose so many theaters right away - could have legged it to at least $40m otherwise.

That would stiill suck for a $50m+ budgeted film with a summer release date + P&A.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Yeah, The Conjuring 3 is happening. Wan needs to come back though.

Without Wan it will drop like Insidious 2 to 3. 

• Like 1

Just saw Warcraft. Attendance was under 10. I saw a family of four, an old couple, one dude by himself, and my wife who was dragged along kicking and screaming. Biggest reaction for the entire time was the Central Intelligence preview. I could follow the story pretty easily, but I think having some experience with the game would've greatly enhanced the experience...I assume. The CGI was alright.

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Without Wan it will drop like Insidious 2 to 3. 

Unless they get somebody like Fede Alvarez. Wan isn't the only one that can pull off horror. Alvarez's Don't Breathe looks quite promising. Also, Wan's own David Sandberg might prove to be a strong director with July's Lights Out.

1 minute ago, UrosepsisFace said:

Unless they get somebody like Fede Alvarez. Wan isn't the only one that can pull off horror. Alvarez's Don't Breathe looks quite promising. Also, Wan's own David Sandberg might prove to be a strong director with July's Lights Out.

They are wasting him on Annabelle 2 :sadben: 

8 minutes ago, RichWS said:

The other night I was marveling at the fact the Saw franchise is still dormant after six years.

Saw: The Finaler Chapter

Saw: The Reboot
Saw: The Reboot Sequel

Saw: We're Running Out of Titles

Saw the 13th

Saw vs. Halloween

Saw vs. Hallowen: The Return

Saw Reloaded

Saw Takes Manhattan

Manhattan Takes Saw

No One Saw This Film

Saw No One Film This

The Saw Cinematic universe

• Like 12

19 minutes ago, RichWS said:

The other night I was marveling at the fact the Saw franchise is still dormant after six years.

Lionsgate will reboot it at some point. 

• Like 2