Neo

Smallfoot | 14 SEPTEMBER 2018 | Warner Animation | About a Yeti who believes humans are real. Written by John Requa and Glenn Ficarra. Sergio Pablos (“Despicable Me”) directing. Channing Tatum, Zendaya, and Gina Rodriguez

http://variety.com/2016/film/festivals/annecy-warner-animation-group-smallfoot-1201795420/

As it puts more touches to plans for the ambitious first animation slate at its Warner Animation Group, Warner Bros. has set a release date of Spring 2018 for “Smallfoot,” its awaited second original animated feature.

News of “Smallfoot’s” dating comes as producer Brad Lewis used France’s Annecy Festival on June 14 to unveil seven sequences from “Storks,” WAG’s second movie and first original animated feature which hits U.S. cinemas on Sept. 23.

“Smallfoot” and “Storks” are two of six WAG movies now in various stages of production which will hit U.S. theaters in the next four-and-a-half years. That slate looks set to be the weightiest new addition to Hollywood animation from any studio in what’s left of the decade.

Lewis’ Annecy presentation, by far the biggest unveil to date of never-seen excerpts from “Storks” – just two-to-three minutes have been seen before in public, Lewis said – also served to underscore WAG’s development of a budding house-style, a distinctive zaniness channelling in particular the tone of its legacy Warner Bros. “Looney Tunes” heritage.

Flipping the myth of the Yeti on its head – it is now the hero, a Yeti, who believes humans really do exist – “Smallfoot” is written by John Requa and Glenn Ficarra (“Crazy, Stupid, Love,” “Cats & Dogs”). It was developed from an original idea by Sergio Pablos (“Despicable Me”), who is also set to direct.

WAG is a “front-end” studio based in Los Angeles, handling story boarding, character design, concept art, editorial, story building and voice recording, said Christopher deFaria, Warner Bros. Pictures’ president, animation, digital production, and VFX.

Idk if this is news worthy enough to bump but with Lego Batman I've been thinking more about this movie and it was just announced Larrikins is canceled so I imagine Smallfoot just added another 20-50 million.

Good news for me since I've liked the WB animated movies and hope they do more original stuff.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scubasteve716 said:

Idk if this is news worthy enough to bump but with Lego Batman I've been thinking more about this movie and it was just announced Larrikins is canceled so I imagine Smallfoot just added another 20-50 million.

Good news for me since I've liked the WB animated movies and hope they do more original stuff.

Depends if Captain Underpant moves to Larrikins slot but Smallfoot for now can stay put. 

I do want original WAG films to succeed because it would easy for WB to just concentrate on Lego and films based on their animated libraries.

• Like 1