Neo

Smallfoot | 14 SEPTEMBER 2018 | Warner Animation | About a Yeti who believes humans are real. Written by John Requa and Glenn Ficarra. Sergio Pablos (“Despicable Me”) directing. Channing Tatum, Zendaya, and Gina Rodriguez

Okay, my kids (and I) thought this was by far the best trailer we got tonight at Incredibles 2.

Reminded me so much of an Ice Age promo...and maybe they showed all the funniest bits, but dang, they were funny...the audience had the biggest reaction to this one by far...

Other previews (thankfully, not many)...

Dog Days - eh

Wreck It Ralph 2 - surprisingly sucky (and I wasn't impressed)

Nutcracker - quiet (my kids said they gave it the "Alice" treatment)...

• Like 2

It's do or die time in regards to enticing people who are on the fence about the concept. The film definitely has the potential to be great, but this trailer that's coming tomorrow needs to impress me if I am to remain optimistic about the film's quality.

I will say this: whoever chose to position a new trailer in front of Disney's Christopher Robin has some miraculous foresight. (Unless that film is another Pete's Dragon, of course.)

• Like 2

Well, the voice acting is hit or miss and the trailer shows a little too much, but other than that, I think there is some fun slapstick and some great animation in there. I think the trailer also hints at more impactful moments in the narrative. I think this should leap past $100M, though it might cut it close.

• Like 1