Neo

Smallfoot | 14 SEPTEMBER 2018 | Warner Animation | About a Yeti who believes humans are real. Written by John Requa and Glenn Ficarra. Sergio Pablos (“Despicable Me”) directing. Channing Tatum, Zendaya, and Gina Rodriguez

On 9/20/2018 at 1:51 PM, Morieris said:

....That's...interesting.

Is this a musical, between this and Zendaya's song?

Yes.

Spoiler

It even features an Under Pressure cover....I don't know why the producers chose that instead of Ice Ice Baby, but okay.

Anyway, this movie....exists.

7 8 Smallfoot WB $3,861,672 -18.9% 2,002 -660 $1,929 $77,540,973 - 6

That was a great weekend but now a huge movie like Grinch will give stiff competition. 90 dom looks unlikely but 85 is locked.

OS weekend was great too. 12.1 12.8 after approx 17.5 last weekend.

Should add 7-8 more dom for 85 odd total and 20-25 more OS for 135-140 total giving a global cume of 220-225.

Storks was 183.4, 2.62x the prod budget of 70. 220-225 will give Smallfoot 2.75-2.81x it's 80 prod budget.

Edited by a2k

2 hours ago, a2k said:

OS weekend was great too. 12.1 after approx 17.5 last weekend.

was updated:

The animation Smallfoot added $12.8m from 77 to reach $116.5m. A $2.7m third weekend in France pushed the tally there to $10m, while $2.1m in the second weekend in Russia resulted in $7.1m, and $1.3m in the third in China boosted the running total to $9.9m. After four sessions in the UK, which remains the top market, the animated feature voice by Channing Tatum, Zendaya, and James Corden, among others, stands at $13.2m. Germany has delivered $3.6m after four. 

Edited by KeepItU25071906
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

was updated:

I hope it can muster a 45% drop or better against Grinch's OS onslaught. As such Illumination is epic with DM franchise OS but Sing didn't do great. Pets was very good with 500+ OS on the other hand. Grinch should do better than Sing but will fall below Pets OS imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a2k said:

I hope it can muster a 45% drop or better against Grinch's OS onslaught. As such Illumination is epic with DM franchise OS but Sing didn't do great. Pets was very good with 500+ OS on the other hand. Grinch should do better than Sing but will fall below Pets OS imo.

I think Grinch is going under Sing OS. Seuss stuff has traditionally been kinda weak overseas. Only Horton even came close to a 50% OS/DOM split while the rest are really heavily skewed towards the domestic market.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aabattery said:

I think Grinch is going under Sing OS. Seuss stuff has traditionally been kinda weak overseas. Only Horton even came close to a 50% OS/DOM split while the rest are really heavily skewed towards the domestic market.

Couple of months before I2's release I had Grinch Dom challenging I2 Dom. Now it seems that even Grinch WW could fall below that.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, a2k said:

Grinch opens in late November in most of the world. Smallfoot will be fine 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1