CJohn

The Nun | The Conjuring Cinematic Universe | Sep 7 2018 | WB | Corin Hardy. IMAX confirmed

EXCLUSIVE: Director Corin Hardy is at the altar with New Line on The Nun, the second spinoff to the hit genre film The Conjuring. Scripted by Gary Dauberman and James Wan, and produced by Wan and Peter Safran, the film gives front-and-center treatment to the demonic nun who menaced Vera Farmiga’s character throughout The Conjuring 2. This is the second spinoff, after Annabelle, which has a sequel bowing August 11. The Conjuring universe quickly is becoming one of the biggest horror franchises, already grossing a collective $897 million worldwide.

http://deadline.com/2017/02/corin-hardy-the-nun-the-conjuring-spinoff-new-line-the-crow-1201901377/

Looking forward to it. It makes no sense why it would be a nun when the whole reason Valak took the form of a nun in The Conjuring 2 is to mock Lorraine's faith so I'm interested in seeing what bullshit excuse they'll come up with to explain it. I think the director is an interesting choice and could make for a good movie. Loved both Conjuring movies, Annabelle is almost terrible and Annabelle 2 looks really good. I hope they all work out because I love the idea of a horror cinematic universe.

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Looking forward to it. It makes no sense why it would be a nun when the whole reason Valak took the form of a nun in The Conjuring 2 is to mock Lorraine's faith so I'm interested in seeing what bullshit excuse they'll come up with to explain it. I think the director is an interesting choice and could make for a good movie. Loved both Conjuring movies, Annabelle is almost terrible and Annabelle 2 looks really good. I hope they all work out because I love the idea of a horror cinematic universe.

The reason is pretty simple: Money. It would make no sense if they change the -already- iconinc face of the character, it would be a waste of money. But, yeah, I really want to see that TCU working, a crossover between Lights Out and The Conjuring would be amazing and an easy money for WB.

On 2/21/2017 at 6:12 AM, Lucas said:

It makes no sense why it would be a nun when the whole reason Valak took the form of a nun in The Conjuring 2 is to mock Lorraine's faith

My guess is just like the Annabelle spin-off. 

Those nuns in that random monastery are somehow connected to either Amityville or Lorraine since that Amityville premonition of Lorraine predates the first conjuring movie