CJohn

The Nun | The Conjuring Cinematic Universe | Sep 7 2018 | WB | Corin Hardy. IMAX confirmed

23 hours ago, stephanos13 said:

That deleted ad on YouTube seems to be good for the marketing right? I think it builds even more hype and questions about the movie.

That really good yes.

Also feel like a Conjuring 40m opening here.

PG 13 rated horror films are fine, some don't need the R rating. It's when that rating is forced on a filmmaker, on a film where it doesn't belong when it becomes a problem. The Conjuring films aren't some over the top gore fests but the R rating fits the series. I'm predicting 45 mil for the Nun for now. Reviews barely matter when it comes to horror films but I think it could get like 65% RT rating. 

I don't get why The Conjuring films actually are R-rated, I guess so they can market it as R-rated horror? They're not gory or bloody and there's barely any swearing. The Insidious films are PG-13 and they're basically exactly the same in how "adult" the content is.

Let’s just hope WB didn’t blow its load early with the marketing so to speak. I’ve overpredicted so many movies because the hype peaks early then falls off from there.

But I really think that with It last year, the studio really perfected marketing their horror pictures at this time of year.

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Let’s just hope WB didn’t blow its load early with the marketing so to speak. I’ve overpredicted so many movies because the hype peaks early then falls off from there.

But I really think that with It last year, the studio really perfected marketing their horror pictures at this time of year.

Every TCU movie has OW higher or much higher than predictions. Every. So...

1 hour ago, James said:

Am I the only one thinking 50m could happen?

Not a chance that this makes more than either of The Conjuring films on OW. I think people are going a bit OTT with the predictions for this, The Nun will likely perform more like Annabelle Creation.

It blowing up last year doesn’t mean that a spin off from The Conjuring will suddenly explode on the same weekend, particularly when this looks like “Jump Scares: The Movie” based on the trailers. The hype for this is nowhere near comparable to It (I know nobody is saying that, but It’s performance last year is clearly clouding people’s expectations here).

$35-40 million is my bet, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see it fall under that.

• Haha 1