CJohn

The Nun | The Conjuring Cinematic Universe | Sep 7 2018 | WB | Corin Hardy. IMAX confirmed

Wasn't there a Spanish film called "La monja" (The Nun) that featured a nun spirit that was for some reason fond of water? I distinctly remember seeing some clips on Youtube (there was a decapitation in a bathroom), but they are gone. Is this a remake of that? Does anyone remember that film or has seen it? Anyone has a link to trailers?

32 minutes ago, StevenG said:

Wasn't there a Spanish film called "La monja" (The Nun) that featured a nun spirit that was for some reason fond of water? I distinctly remember seeing some clips on Youtube (there was a decapitation in a bathroom), but they are gone. Is this a remake of that? Does anyone remember that film or has seen it? Anyone has a link to trailers?

I’ve seen it, have it on dvd. I remember it being bad but don’t remember a thing about it.

I definitely think there will be a lot of religious backlash towards the film. But I am not religious so I may be completely out of touch as to how people may react to a movie and marketing campaign centred around a demonic nun.

Either way, I think this is going to be big. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if it out-grosses TC1 unadjusted

Just now, DAJK said:

I definitely think there will be a lot of religious backlash towards the film. But I am not religious so I may be completely out of touch as to how people may react to a movie and marketing campaign centred around a demonic nun.

Either way, I think this is going to be big. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if it out-grosses TC1 unadjusted

Could also surpass IT as well.

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

I hope so, I miss when horror movies would cause controversy!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I imagine it'll be the biggest Conjuring film domestic, not sure on OS though. 

I wonder if we'll get The Conjuring 3 or if they'll do spin-offs for the time being. 2020 is Annabelle 3 and I imagine if this is a hit, Nun 2. Also puts The Crooked Man in limbo too

I love this universe for the fact that it is a universe and it's working (and ofc I love The Conjuring movies) so I'm rooting for this. I just hope James Wan will come back and do The Conjuring 3 soon enough.

• Like 1