CJohn

The Nun | The Conjuring Cinematic Universe | Sep 7 2018 | WB | Corin Hardy. IMAX confirmed

33 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Any word on pre-screening reactions or anything? I know we heard things on Annabelle: Creation over a month before it came out and we're about to head into the final four weeks here.

Not that I know of, but to be fair, these are different scenarios. The Nun seems like a project everyone is generally excited about, while Annabelle: Creation had a lot more skepticism walking into it, due to the Godawful wom of the 1st one; plus, WB was more focused on promoting It out of the two, so they decided to put the positive word out soon to try to get people amped up for Annabelle 2 early and let it do strong business through August-September.

For this, well, I think WB might release a new trailer in the next few days to attach to The Meg, but if they don't, it won't be late until one comes out anyway. But given that the market is relatively competition-free (Slender Man will not be a big enough threat and The Little Stranger will be lucky to hit The Witch numbers; and after that, the next major horror release is The House With A Clock In Its Walls, but that's family horror alas Goosebumps so it shouldn't take away much of an audience at all) and the buzz seems present either way, all it takes is for reviews to come out and be good-great (like It last year, which also had a very close embargo) and it'll blow up.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Lucas said:

I know we heard things on Annabelle: Creation over a month before it came out and we're about to head into the final four weeks here

Annabelle 2 was screened to people way ahead in Comic con 2017 'Scare Diego' and iir there was also a critics screening in some cinema con in Europe or something just 2-3 weeks before release so some early reviews were already up.

As for NuN at this comic con...

Director Corin Hardy and stars Taissa Farmiga and Ingrid Bisu introduced a clip show that featured a man being buried alive, a nun hanging herself after being haunted by the film’s titular nun, a snake coming out of a kid’s mouth and lots of upside-down crosses and nuns being scared.

DkM44OjXcAUEMzq.jpg

:hahaha:

DkKwYJUV4AA63W9.jpg

Edited by KeepItU25071906
  • Haha 2

DkZuudHX0AIWhUm.jpg

"Very excitingly, James Wan was my second unit director in a little bit of additional photography," Hardy told EW. "It is funny, but we did some additional photography, and you’re always pushing for double what you really can afford, time- or budget-wise. I said, 'I want to do all of this, but if we’re going to do it, we really need to run two units.'

"James is a full-on, hands-on guy and he was like, 'Anything I can do of service!' It was like, 'I really want to take you up on that.' So, there were nights when he was shooting a section in the forest and I was shooting interiors."

Edited by KeepItU25071906
  • Like 3

On 8/7/2018 at 3:14 PM, Aplandg said:

You’d think that WB would release a new trailer this week to attach to The Meg

Is there still only just a teaser for this, isn't there? I'd imagine they would've also dropped at least one more. Maybe WB wants to stick to just one teaser and TV spots with a "less is more" approach with marketing. I mean, everyone knows the nun herself is creepy looking, so maybe saving story for the movie?

If they can REALLY push this over the next month, I'm not ruling out 50M opening. WB really turned It into an EVENT over the last 4 weeks leading up to its release last year. Thinking something similar, on a smaller scale, is going to happen this year. 

• Like 2