CJohn

The Nun | The Conjuring Cinematic Universe | Sep 7 2018 | WB | Corin Hardy. IMAX confirmed

My problem with the marketing of this franchise is how they ruin some of best scares in trailers. Been doing that crap since the first Conjuring. Annabelle was a good example of this when they put the nifty scare of the women running towards the door, and now the nun with the cave scare. Stop putting good scares in the trailers.

32 minutes ago, grim22 said:

This is unintentionally great marketing for the movie - "the movie so scary, youtube can't show it's trailers"

It's midnight here and the thumbnail on mobile screen is creeping me out but I'm still gonna ask which ad was it ?

The coffin one ?

49 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

It's midnight here and the thumbnail on mobile screen is creeping me out but I'm still gonna ask which ad was it ?

The coffin one ?

It was one of those quick ads that play before YouTube videos. It was just a jumpscare of the nun.

21 hours ago, Hades said:

WB seems to be doing this single trailer thing for some of their movies lately.... 

They did it with Tag and The Meg, and apparently are doing it with Crazy Rich Asians and The Nun as well. Seems to be a new trend and I like it.

Before that, I think WB gave only 1 trailer to Going In Style (released early April 2017), and that movie did well. Everything in between had multiple trailers, including poorly performers the studio probably had no faith in like Chips, Unforgettable and The House.