CJohn

The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It | June 4 2021

Conjuring is perhaps the most successful supernatural horror franchise. Very rare a horror series can consistently deliver 100m+ gross, even the garbage like the Nun still managed to become the highest grossing conjuring universe film.

Looks like the downhill is from here....The buzz of this one was completely muted   

If nothing else were to move then it would be Quiet Place 2, Candyman (breakout was incoming before COVID-19), and Halloween Kills in the same six week corridor. Move this shit to MLK weekend or even that first weekend of the New Year slot which has been a hot spot for horror lately.

8 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

If nothing else were to move then it would be Quiet Place 2, Candyman (breakout was incoming before COVID-19), and Halloween Kills in the same six week corridor. Move this shit to MLK weekend or even that first weekend of the New Year slot which has been a hot spot for horror lately.

Escape Room 2 is there, which I assume it is finished and ready to be released.

15 hours ago, JB33 said:

Still dead silence on this. I would have thought this would be the kind of film that could make its date. Filming wrapped last summer. What gives here?

Yeh surprised this wasn’t bumped with the rest of the WB films. 

If it stays where it is, I actually think it’ll gross less than A Quiet Place 2, Candyman and Halloween Kills. 

4 hours ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Something tells me it will still get pushed, its just not a high profile film.

The Nun was the #2 most profitable movie of 2018 for Warner, only behind Aquaman which grossed $1b WW, Annabelle: Creation ended at #3 only behind IT and Wonder Woman, back in 2017, Annabelle Comes Home, despite being hurt by competition, ended at #4 only behind Joker, IT2 and Shazam, TC1 was the #2 biggest movie for them back in 2013, behind only Gravity. 

TCU is a golden mine to Warner, but I guess that being constantly in the top 4 of most profitable movies of the year for the studio isn't 'high profile enough', you probably think that movies like Godzilla (that barely generated money), or Godzilla 2 (a complete bomb) are more 'important' for Warner. :rofl: 

Edited by The Horror of Lucas Films
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1