CJohn

The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It | June 4 2021

28 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

The Devil Made Me Do It is a title straight out of a 70s Italian exploitation film. I love it but the film itself doesn’t look very good. Needed James Wan.

Agreed, it looks like they’ve gone overboard on the set pieces as opposed to the family drama element which is what made the first two films work. This trailer feels more like one of the Annabelle’s or The Nun rather than either of The Conjuring movies.

I’ll still probably watch it on HBO Max, but my expectations are severely lowered without James Wan.

On 4/22/2021 at 5:51 PM, Lucas said:

It's rather depressing that this is how they'll wrap up The Conjuring films. James Wan really should've done it.

Its in no way the last Farmiga and Wilson wanna do more of these and the studio definitely too. 

Edited by maginon

Dang, that’s awesome to hear! Was worried beyond hell with the director of La Llorona doing this, but if this turns out to actually be pretty good, this is awesome! 

The fact too that we might be getting 3 great movies back-to-Back-to-Back (Cruella, AQP2, this) is exciting.

Just now, RealLyre said:

won't buy into these positive-ish reactions just yet.  it's hard to imagine that a conjuring movie directed by the guy who made the curse of la llorona will be anywhere as good to a james wan conjuring movie.

I wrote this movie off years ago (you can even see it on this very page if you scroll up lol) and I'm so not ready to accept that these aren't early hype reactions that don't reflect the quality of the actual film. But I have to admit those are a lot of very positive reactions, the only negative I've found was merely a bit half and half on it.

Oh yay! Didn't realize reactions were coming today. It's fine to be hesitant, but at least it's definitely not garbage like I feared. I really love the first 2 movies. 

I'm still so confused as to why they're fine with this coming out one week after AQP2. Like, WB should've maybe swapped this with In the Heights

I know these early reactions often sound a bit too good but still, I like it. Does anybody have an idea what these reviewers said about part 1&2?
I will always be a fan of this series because the first Conjuring movie rekindled my for a long time lost interest in horror movies (I'm pretty sure that I have written this already somewhere here ;)).

The release date is strange, yes. Two of the most anticipated horror films of the year released within 1 1/2 weeks. 

I'm skeptical because Warner choose selected people to talk about WW84 early and we saw how it went after the release.

But yeah the reactions are very decent.

I've heard this movie was demolished in test screenings last year, and they reshoot a good part of it in the past months, maybe they manage to really save the movie.