CJohn

The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It | June 4 2021

8 hours ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

The Nun was the #2 most profitable movie of 2018 for Warner, only behind Aquaman which grossed $1b WW, Annabelle: Creation ended at #3 only behind IT and Wonder Woman, back in 2017, Annabelle Comes Home, despite being hurt by competition, ended at #4 only behind Joker, IT2 and Shazam, TC1 was the #2 biggest movie for them back in 2013, behind only Gravity. 

TCU is a golden mine to Warner, but I guess that being constantly in the top 4 of most profitable movies of the year for the studio isn't 'high profile enough', you probably think that movies like Godzilla (that barely generated money), or Godzilla 2 (a complete bomb) are more 'important' for Warner. :rofl: 

High profile = big budget film. The Conjuring Universe, despite being more profitable, hasn’t grossed more than a single Monsterverse movie worldwide. It’s a major horror franchise but not a blockbuster tentpole compared to Monsterverse, DCEU, Wizarding World etc.

And considering how they announced and gave Godzilla vs. Kong another prime summer spot while this is only 3 months away with no advertising or news, it seems clear to me that they care more about GvK at least and are very confident despite coming after KOTM underperformance. I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets dumped in January 2021 if the reshoots are coming especially with the mistake of giving this to the mediocre director that made the worst and lowest grossing TCU film.

8 hours ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

High profile = big budget film. The Conjuring Universe, despite being more profitable, hasn’t grossed more than a single Monsterverse movie worldwide. It’s a major horror franchise but not a blockbuster tentpole compared to Monsterverse, DCEU, Wizarding World etc.

And considering how they announced and gave Godzilla vs. Kong another prime summer spot while this is only 3 months away with no advertising or news, it seems clear to me that they care more about GvK at least and are very confident despite coming after KOTM underperformance. I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets dumped in January 2021 if the reshoots are coming especially with the mistake of giving this to the mediocre director that made the worst and lowest grossing TCU film.

The definition of “high profile” is someone or something that is will known by most and that garners a lot of attention”.

It’s obvious that movies like The Nun, Annabelle: Creation and The Conjuring 1 sold more tickets than Godzilla 2, considering this one was inflated by 3D, if they aren't high profile movies, neither is any of these Monster movies. Not to mention the fact that Warner (or any studio) couldn't give a shit if a movie gross $500m, if it's barely generating money, that's what happened to Godzilla, in any business, what matters is the amount of profits you bring. A movie like FB2 grossed $620m, while TN grossed $360m, which one can be considered a success? What's the point in grossing almost the double if you aren't generating money?

The reason why KvG was delayed was obviously because the last one flopped, if one more movie in this franchise flops (which is locked to happen) this franchise will be buried by Warner, and it’s hilarious that it didn’t manage to last 3 movies before burning down, while TCU already produced 6 highly profitable movies. 

Do you believe that Monsterverse is more important to Warner than TCU? LMFAO. According to Deadline, Godzilla (2014) generated only $53m for Warner, this is still a lower profit than the lowest movie in the TCU (Annabelle: Comes Home, which generated $64m in profits, LMFAO). 

I’m pretty sure that Warner would be quota happy if God 2 managed to have the profits of the lowest TCU movie to date, none of the movies in TCU ended in the red, we can’t say the same about Monstervese, DCU, and Wizarding World.

Sources:

https://deadline.com/2015/03/godzilla-profit-box-office-2014-1201389604/

https://deadline.com/2020/04/biggest-movie-profits-small-films-2019-list-parasite-good-boy-escape-room-1202919181/

https://deadline.com/2020/04/annabelle-comes-home-box-office-profit-2019-1202902709/

Sent from my iPhone

• Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Ok you beat me

That still doesn’t explain what’s the silence with this film , the threequel to the main Conjuring movies and we’re only 3 months away. With the complete downgrade of a director, the quality of this film will affect its box office.

You can’t say GvK is locked to flop when only KOTM was the one that underperformed. You can spin around that Godzilla 2014 and Kong: Skull Island weren’t as profitable as any TCU movie anyway you like but they were successful, and this movie is a crossover, which tend to do way more than solo films, as seen with Avengers, Batman v Superman, even lower scale movies like Alien vs Predator and Freddy vs Jason.

But I guess since I’m one of the resident Monsterverse fans, you had to be a dick about it

6 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

It's almost certainly releasing next year. June 4th 2021.

If it's delayed a whole year I would think it would go to New Line's new preferred slot for their tentpole horrors, the post-Labor Day weekend. That would be September 10, 2021.

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I thought Malignant would be the one getting that release date. Unless Malignant replaces The Conjuring 3 this year.

The reshoots you were referring to, I assume you mean they never happened right? That's why this wouldn't be ready for September 11? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JB33 said:

The reshoots you were referring to, I assume you mean they never happened right? That's why this wouldn't be ready for September 11? 

Yeah, someone said The Conjuring 3 would have to get a whole month of reshoots, but I don't know if it's even happening. If so, perhaps this is what's going to delay the movie to next year ( if that's confirmed btw ).

It seems Malignant also didn't test well, but I don't know anything about reshoots. 

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Yeah, someone said The Conjuring 3 would have to get a whole month of reshoots, but I don't know if it's even happening. If so, perhaps this is what's going to delay the movie to next year ( if that's confirmed btw ).

It seems Malignant also didn't test well, but I don't know anything about reshoots. 

Bah that sucks. Waa very much looking forward to it (Conjuring 3 that is).

However, if that's true then why hasn't WB moved it yet, of all films? You'd think if they have thay much worth of reshoots to do it would have been one of the first and most obvious to be moved but they haven't touched it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I thought Malignant would be the one getting that release date. Unless Malignant replaces The Conjuring 3 this year.

I think it's staying this year. It's gonna be a more niche horror film and probably won't make much money regardless of where they place it.

• Like 1