FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

RT which was owned and is still partially owned by WB.

Not only, that it's also partly owned by Universal!

Mainly because Fandango owns RT, and Time Warner and Comcast both partly own Fandango.

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I don't think anything is going to top the first time I saw TFA for a theater experience any time soon. 

Ditto. Nothing to me will ever be like that opening night experience that I had. Never seen so many lines and people so crazed and excited in my life.

• Like 9

Just now, K1stpierre said:

Ditto. Nothing to me will ever be like that opening night experience that I had. Never seen so many lines and people so crazed and excited in my life.

I NEVER applaud in the theater, but I had to join in when Luke showed up and when the credits started rolling. JJ Abrams. His power.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I don't think anything is going to top the first time I saw TFA for a theater experience any time soon. 

Same here. There was an energy present with TFA that wasn't even there for Episode I, and that was before we realized that it sucked. Maybe we had to have a few shitty Star Wars films before we could truly appreciate a good one.

• Like 8

Just now, K1stpierre said:

I went to TFA at 9AM on opening day Friday. I thought it would have been sold out, but it turns out that only 30 people in the suburbs are going to show up that early, especially when there isn't a discount.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I NEVER applaud in the theater, but I had to join in when Luke showed up and when the credits started rolling. JJ Abrams. His power.

i was pretty thrilled when the credits started too.

Just now, cannastop said:

I went to TFA at 9AM on opening day Friday. I thought it would have been sold out, but it turns out that only 30 people in the suburbs are going to show up that early, especially when there isn't a discount.

Well that's more than likely cause most people have to work at that time, not to mention it's just an unusual time to go to a movie. 30 people really isn't too bad considering. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, K1stpierre said:

Well that's more than likely cause most people have to work at that time, not to mention it's just an unusual time to go to a movie. 30 people really isn't too bad considering. 

I was not too savvy then.

1 minute ago, K1stpierre said:

Yeah, I think there's only been 1 or two times in my life I went and saw a movie before noon.

Seeing a movie at night just has a more exciting feeling to it anyways.

Edited by The Pandaren

I legit started tearing up during the crawl at TFA. SW was such a big part of my childhood, I couldn't believe I was actually sitting there about to watch the OT cast back in action. I highly doubt there will ever be a movie I'm more hyped for than TFA.

• Like 15