CaptainJackSparrow

Transformers: The Last Knight (June 23, 2017)

3 hours ago, firedeep said:

At this rate, 130m DOM + 240m OS-C + 300m = 670m possibly

I agree.

140m DOM + 260M OS-CHN + 300m CHN.

TF4 OS-CHN is 430m in 2017(-20% by exchange rate), and it looks like TF5 will dropp 40-50% of local currency in many markets. So I predict 260m=(858m-320m)*0.8*0.6.

It should debut with 135m and gross 300m in China.

This one makes so much money with merchandising (even if Paramount doesn't get a big stake of it, Hasbro is a producer too) that 2.5-3x the prod budget is enough to justify more TF movies.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, a2knet said:

This one makes so much money with merchandising (even if Paramount doesn't get a big stake of it, Hasbro is a producer too) that 2.5-3x the prod budget is enough to justify more TF movies.

TF5 will be profitable even with 500m WW. The problem is a TF6 in current route will drop another 50%... I dont that Bumblebee movie is happening after TF5 underperforms.

Transformers needs to be rebooted after TF5 seriously underperforming.

9 hours ago, bruchav said:

Only 240m Os-China? Seems too low, I know this movie may have a drop compared to the last movie in these markets, but TF4 made $ 538m OS-China. If TF5 make only 240m would be a total disaster.

We're not overreacting, we're being realistic, this movie has zero chances at grossing $800m WW.

And I don't see why this drop would be unreal when Pirates is dropping 45% OS-C, and this one had a lot more of favorable things than TF5. This one can decrease anywhere between 48%-52% OS-C, IMO. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

A franchise like this isn't going going to be over after one stumble 

Yeah, but the problem is with the future installments. If this franchise keeps decreasing at this pace, the next one won't even reach $100m DOM (and this would be already a BIG disaster), plus OS-C is going below $200m and China probably $250m. How they're going to make profits with a movie making sub $550m WW on a $200m+ budget? 

I'm really curious to see how Paramount is going to handle this situation, because they're truly fucked up right now. And I'm actually sad, since I love this franchise. 

• Like 1