CaptainJackSparrow

Transformers: The Last Knight (June 23, 2017)

18 minutes ago, bruchav said:

So, Pirates 5 > TF5? I did not expect this, Pirates seemed a much more saturated franchise than Transformers.

I thought TF5 would go below Dom, match POTC OS-Ch and crush it China to take the WW crown handily.

TF5 below POTC5 WW is a shocker imo.

Of course, WONDR WW gonna beat both!

WONDR POTC5 TF5 ... I thought the order would be reversed.

125-135 dom + 280-300 Ch + 270-310 OS-Ch = 675-745 for TF5 seems like it.

POTC5 looking at 750-765 imo unless it does surprisingly bad in Japan.

WONDR over 770+ (380+ dom and 390+ OS .... was on 300 OS after a ~40 weekend and 10+ to come from Japan and Spain combined).

On 12/18/2016 at 9:49 PM, MattW said:

Domestic: 180-210

China: 220-260

Rest: 425-475

I thought my prediction back then was low compared to most, gave it a near certainty to do less than a billion.  Not low enough apparently.

Also this is definitely not the last Transformers movie.  I think the bumblebee one is likely to still happen, especially since they said it'll be budgeted a bit lower. TF '07 was $150m, I could see it being around there so that grossing over 400m worldwide makes it a fairly safe bet even with a large china share.  

Australia number is downright pathetic. NZ number isn't as bad but nothing to jump for joy over.
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, a2knet said:

Guys what is OS-China looking at? 300m+ possible?

(From what I last gathered in the China thread, it's targeting 240-250m USD there).

Let's wait for the official estimates today, but I think it will be more like $260 million.

1 hour ago, bruchav said:

Let's wait for the official estimates today, but I think it will be more like $260 million.

Yeah. Even China seems like below 240-250. Probably 220-230.

Dom could be 140. 

So 140 + 225 + 260 = 625 ww

Pretty insane if this happens. WONDR has a real shot at 825 (though 790-810 is more realistic).

Imagine if WONDR beats TF5 by 200m WW. That to me would be the story of the year no matter what happens in the coming months.

• Like 5

Edited by Purple Minion
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr Impossible said:

$265M WW with about 20% markets left to open is nowhere near a flop. $700M WW is still very doable, lets see the drops next week. 

Yeah, but drops won't be pretty. Despicable Me 3 and Spidey will kill this movie worldwide.