WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 96): Dory 73M | IDR 41M | CI 18.2M | Shallows 16.8M | Conjuring 7.7M | Jones 7.6M

How is that good for IDR lol. That's fucking horrible. It's good if you're thinking a 40 million dollar weekend is good. 

• Like 27

Very good start for The Shallows. It'll be interesting to see where The Shallows goes from here though. I can still see it making closer to $15M. 

Also I see Dory making more than $60M. But maybe I'm over balling on both aquatic films this weekend 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

Just now, Baumer said:

How is that good for IDR lol. That's fucking horrible. It's good if you're thinking a 40 million dollar weekend is good. 

this is where i was at too.  i expected sub 50 and sub 175 total and this would be right in line with that for OW I can't see how it's something to celebrate.

• Like 1

Just now, Baumer said:

It could have been much worse. Maybe it's a horrible number when you thought it would be the biggest movie of the summer :redcapes: 

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

That's a terrific number for Shallows. I'm not sure what to compare it to but it might have a shot at 15.

Yea I have it at $15M too but like you said I'm not sure what I'm comparing it to. 

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

It should do around $20M today and slightly above $50M for the weekend. Not great (since this should probably be opening to $100M instead) but not a disaster all things considered either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's about 200k below Insidious 3

So if you follow that tracking then it's headed over $15M because Insidious 3 opened up to $23M. However Deadline still has it tracking at $10-11M.