WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 96): Dory 73M | IDR 41M | CI 18.2M | Shallows 16.8M | Conjuring 7.7M | Jones 7.6M

1 minute ago, ThatOneGuy said:

I'm not even bothering to come on here and actively participate in this weekend thread.  It's come to the point where I feel depressed looking at these numbers.

Poor ID:R should've been a hit.  Not only will it mess up my summer game, but I was really hoping it'd be a hit.  I want more sequels to 90s films, and if it were huge, we would get more.  Sadly, that's not the case.

The Shallows has a good number, tho.

Maybe you know... Work on that countdown.... 

3 minutes ago, ThatOneGuy said:

I'm not even bothering to come on here and actively participate in this weekend thread.  It's come to the point where I feel depressed looking at these numbers.

Poor ID:R should've been a hit.  Not only will it mess up my summer game, but I was really hoping it'd be a hit.  I want more sequels to 90s films, and if it were huge, we would get more.  Sadly, that's not the case.

Hey, if you're nice, Tele might put in a good work for Twister 2.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ThatOneGuy said:

I'm fine with it bombing, while I know I'm in the minority and had some fun with this one....I really don't want to see another one.

I would rather Hollywood focus on original ideas then remaking movies from the 90s or giving them unnecessary sequels. Those movies obviously have a different tone then now and should be left alone. Jurassic Park is the outlier and can keep going. I mean it's dinosaurs. Reopening the park was a cool idea but I have no idea where they can go from here. So don't be shocked if JW2 is much worse.

Edited by somebody85

1 hour ago, Jay Hollywood said:

I wouldn't have thought 6 months ago I'd be seeing The Shallows before ID4

As someone who saw both (and enjoyed ID:R more then then a lot here), you are making the right choice.

Edited by somebody85

2 hours ago, ThatOneGuy said:

With the same multiplier as the first its still on its way to over 270 mill. Not quite as high as the first, but nothing to be upset about.