WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 96): Dory 73M | IDR 41M | CI 18.2M | Shallows 16.8M | Conjuring 7.7M | Jones 7.6M

WOM on Dory is not poor....Not sure who said it was. If it does make on the 60s it's probably just because it has made so much already in the first 7 days.

Frank Grillo oozes charisma and he's awesome in Purge. Purge 3 will do just fine. The budget is very low so it's almost impossible not to make a profit.

The Shallows will hopefully do 15 this weekend.

I've heard a total dichotomy of opinions on idr. Some have loved it and some hated it. No in between lol

I'll be seeing it this weekend for sure. @Free State of Tele hated it which means I should love it.

• Like 3

I'm not surprised that Independence Day is being projected under $20 million for Friday. My IMAX screening last night was only maybe one-third full, and the audience response was decidedly muted. As for me: I usually enjoy Roland Emmerich's work on a guilty pleasure level, but I thought this one was terrible.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

I saw ID today and frankly, it sucked. But that doesn't mean Dory isn't mediocre, because it is. I do think word is getting out about that as we speak, and this weekend's take will reflect it. 

You're like Stephen A Smith right now incorrectly predicting the winner of the NBA finals the past 6 years. 

• Like 4