chasmmi

The Super Duper Official BOT Top Movie Songs Countdown!

2 hours ago, chasmmi said:

63rd - 47 points ( 3 votes, 2 top 5)

Tomorrow Belongs To Me - Caberet

Caberet is one of those films I have heard of and (like many of the older songs on this list) have not seen. This was close to being the second instalment on this list for the film as Wilkommen came in at 163rd. Watching the video, I assume that the context of this scene is what got this song onto peoples lists.

SIXTY-FUCKING-THIRD?!!!!!

:sarah: 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, chasmmi said:

69th - 45 points (2 votes, 1 1st place, 1 top 10)

Feed the Birds - Mary Poppins

I'm pretty certain that Julie Andrews will appear on this list more than any other person, partly because she appears in multiple musicals and partly because when a musical has Julie Andrews she seems to be duty bound to sing every song on the soundtrack. (I haven't counted so there may be another out there who appears more.

This is a lovely song that is strongly loved by 2 voters (the final time a vote will be on this list with just two votes). I will say though (and I haven't seen Mary Poppins in about 17 years), that it always felt like the 'we needed one more song' song. It's just lacks a little something compared to some of the other Poppins songs in my book but of course folks are free to disagree.

It is very nicely sung regardless of the fact.

Dont you dare talk trash about Feed the Birds being the expendable song.  It's the best song in the musical.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, chasmmi said:

62nd - 47 points (4 votes, 1 1st place)

If You Leave - Pretty in Pink

This song was championed by a prominent forum member whose anonymity I shall respect in order to let him write more books and articles while hating all things Pixar in peace :) 

This is a fun 80s song from a film I have not even heard of let alone seen. It got some support outside of that number one vote to get it into the list though and that would imply there is love for the song and movie out there.  

SIXTY-MUTHA-FUCKIN-SECOND?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Baumer said:

SIXTY-MUTHA-FUCKIN-SECOND?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????

It's a good song, but I understand why it isn't uber high on here, what is the story behind it meaning so much to you?

Edited by Kalo

6 hours ago, Kalo said:

It's a good song, but I understand why it isn't uber high on here, what is the story behind it meaning so much to you?

Contextually it's a very chilling, almost scary movie moment since it shows the transition to Nazi Germany occurring under the character's noses and people blindly buying into it.

• Like 2

Uh....If you leave isn't about Nazi Germany. :)

@Kalo it doesn't necessarily have any personal meaning to me but I just think that it's the most perfectly placed movie song and it has some of the most apropos lyrics ever written for a movie. If you watch the film Pretty in Pink, which in my opinion is an absolutely stunning film,  the words in the song Perfectly fit the film. It's also a beautiful song and it's one of my favorites. I just don't think any other song Quite matches the power of that particular song. Don't You Forget About Me is a close second butt this one just Rises to the top.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Uh....If you leave isn't about Nazi Germany. :)

He was talking about Tomorrow Belongs to Me (as Tele put it: Sixty-Muthafucking-Third)

Edited by 4815162342

@4815162342 I was asking Baumer about if you leave from Pretty in Pink, that's the song he was mad about not being higher, I also quoted tele about that nazi song, I think that is the one your talking about having those symbols. Tele and Baumer we're mad about  different songs. 

Edited by Kalo

Well songs are all very personal. In my opinion there's no Maria way to determine which movie song is the best of all time. It's about as subjective As It Gets. For me something like crazy for you from Vision Quest is really highly placed on my list because it was a song that me and my high-school girlfriend and I adopted as our own. For about 99% of the population in the world they probably haven't even heard of Vision Quest LOL

• Like 1

59th - 48 points (4 votes, 1 top 10)

The Power of Love - Back to the Future

Well this is a damn fine film isn't it and the soundtrack is a pretty awesome soundtrack also that really adds to the film. It's a cool opening (or almost opening scene) here and you just feel transported into the world of the film in the space of a 90 second soundbite. (Still the second best musical part of this film though ;) )

• Like 9