chasmmi

The Super Duper Official BOT Top Movie Songs Countdown!

5th - 156 points (11 votes, 2 top 5, 2 top 10)

Ghostbusters - Ghostbusters

The Franchise that sparked a million mod headaches. We now have the highest rated title track to a movie and it is the immortal Ghostbusters theme tune. A song that really just is awesomeness in a bag.

The highest rated 80's song. The second highest rated song that probably nobody expected to make the top 10 and I think it also continues the streak of Baumer approval :D (hell this one may even get Tele approval too!)

It's one of those rare movie song that works perfectly both as a end credit soundtrack song, but also as a score. You want to do a montage? throw in this song? Want to try and get people interested in the awful trailer you just made? hastily add a remix to this song. It's a catch all work of amazing.

I don't know about y'all but I actually cannot complain about any of the top 10 so far. And you know what... I don't think anybody would have predicted the fairytale Cinderella story that is the film about to pop up in 4th...

• Like 9

4th - 157 points - (9 votes, 5 top 5, 1 top 10)

Always Look on the Bright Side of Life - Life of Brian

I tell you now, this song was nowhere, nowhere I tell you after the first 6 or 7 lists. It was in the low 70s or something. And then it just received top 5 vote after top 5 vote to at one point be 3 points away from provisionally topping the whole list. And I'm glad it happened.

This to me is the ultimate of Monty Python. You've done your story, told scene after scene of hilarity but have somehow ended up executing your main character. As much as I love Holy Grail, the final 5 minutes always kind of erked in that the film doesn't really have an ending. Yes it is a classic random Pythonesque joke that I can expect millions to tell me I didn't understand the brilliance of. However I sort of wanted the film to still have a 'grail' of some description. A nice rounded ending.

Life of Brian looked like it may have painted itself into the same corner to the crucifixion. Yet they managed to turn everyone's death into a song that lives in the hearts of us all as a great piece of comedy, but also a damn catchy little tune. It's the ultimate showstealer of an ending and I am so happy it ended so high.

• Like 9

3rd - 160 points (11 votes, 3 top 5, 1 top 10)

Circle of Life - The Lion King

So Tele allowed himself one Disney song in his top 100. The result: Circle of life give Disney representation in the top 3 instead of topping out in 4th or 5th :)

But it is the Lion King. A film always in the conversation for Disney's best and a soundtrack equally able to claim being the best the mouse ever did. Elton John knocked this job out of the park and it's incredible how all the songs work great both as standalone Elton songs and when sung by cast members within the film.

This song is epic. The scale, the opening. That moment when Simba is presented to the world, it just hits you hard that you are about to witness greatness in animated form.

Great film. Great song. Great Soundtrack.

• Like 10

2nd - 285 points (15 votes, 5 first places, 2 top 5, 1 top 10)

did that not remind anyone else a little of Lava? Anyhow here it is:

Somewhere over the Rainbow - Wizard of Oz

Well this is where Wizard of Oz finally debuts on the list. Quite impressive.

Over the Rainbow averaged an incredible 19 points per vote, it's ridiculous. What is even more shocking is that the gap between Rainbow and the songs below was so close for so long. There were 4 or 5 songs all in with a shout and then it just received number one vote after number vote to streak clear of Circle of Life below it.

It is hard to argue against this song deserving its place. Even if I myself only placed it around 60 or 70, it is a song that is just synonymous with theatre, cinema, musical, the arts in general. It is going to outlive the combined achievements of most of us and may never be surpassed.

A behemoth in this list of giants.

• Like 9

1st - 312 points (17 votes, 2 1sts, 4 top 5, 7 top 10)

I'm so Ronery - Team America

And finally we reach the cream of the crop. The Ultimate movie song and the only one a resident of South Korea such as myself should be wary of linking to through fear that Sony may decided never to let me enter a cinema again.

This song combines solemn ballad-style dulcet tones with just the right amount of racism to create a song for the ages. A musical feast for the years upon which all of us can gorge. It transcends genres with the seamless transition from angry spoken rhetoric to solemn reflective song that gives us an insight in the softer side of Kim Jong Il. 

Yes Over the Rainbow may be the classic, Circle of Life may have the mouse and Python may have the bizarre. But no song in cinematic history has the gravitas neigh the testicular fortitude to truly push the boundaries of what we thought was possible in a movie song.

A worthy winner of a worthy list.

We salute you.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I have no idea what first is

I think Over the Rainbow probably came in first. I have no idea what's second though.

EDIT: Or maybe not, what other song would have gotten 17 votes though?

Edited by xequalsy

6 minutes ago, chasmmi said:

And finally we reach the cream of the crop. The Ultimate movie song and the only one a resident of South Korea such as myself should be wary of linking to through fear that Sony may decided never to let me enter a cinema again.

This song combines solemn ballad-style dulcet tones with just the right amount of racism to create a song for the ages. A musical feast for the years upon which all of us can gorge. It transcends genres with the seamless transition from angry spoken rhetoric to solemn reflective song that gives us an insight in the softer side of Kim Jong Il. 

Yes Over the Rainbow may be the classic, Circle of Life may have the mouse and Python may have the bizarre. But no song in cinematic history has the gravitas neigh the testicular fortitude to truly push the boundaries of what we thought was possible in a movie song.

We salute you.  

:rofl:

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, chasmmi said:

We salute you.  

Just in case chasmmi was waiting for more rage about the #1 before posting the real one:

Kim-Jong-il-Cant-Believe-How-Stupid-Ever

• Like 1

A true #1 to show the world that even the imperialist pigs recognize the personal greatness of our glorious leader. A list like this can only be capped off by the great people's revolution to put the eternal ideals of most honorable Juche at the top to send the light of the worker's great struggle throughout the capitalist mires.

• Like 2